GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a 03-06 top bumper cap off of a 1500. I am looking for one thats already painted or a smooth one that can be painted. If it is painted graystone (16u) thats even a bigger plus but I doubt that will happen. Let me know what you have and how much with shipping included. Zip is 38002.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
Raising the bumper? Jump on the band wagon!

·
GMFS =/= Real Life!
4,391 Posts
the oem one is like 120.

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Keystone makes a smooth one I believe under $100 and you need to order 05-07class to get smooth

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why buy another one??? Just sand yours down until it's smooth.
Mine is a HD one, I want the shorter one.

Raising the bumper? Jump on the band wagon!
:secret:

the oem one is like 120.
The primered one is $125 from gmpartsdirect.com but shipping is $45.

Keystone makes a smooth one I believe under $100 and you need to order 05-07class to get smooth
Thanks, I'll look into them. Do they fit nice like the OEM ones?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
8,527 Posts
:secret:

The primered one is $125 from gmpartsdirect.com but shipping is $45.
Ha, its so easy, I'm surprised more people don't do it on their HD's, it was one of the first things I did on my GMC.

GMpartsdirect parts actually come out of Flow Chevrolet in Winston Salem NC, but it still probably would be to much on fuel cost to go pick it up. $170 shipped is really not that bad for it I don't think.

I think the chrome bumper is slimmer on yours then it is on a regular 1/2 ton.
Nope, exactly the same as the 1/2 ton bumper. Only difference is when the 2" body raise was done for the 2500HD's they left the bumper in the same place as 1/2 tons and used a 2" taller bumper pad to fill in the gap.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Nope, exactly the same as the 1/2 ton bumper. Only difference is when the 2" body raise was done for the 2500HD's they left the bumper in the same place as 1/2 tons and used a 2" taller bumper pad to fill in the gap.
Wouldn't a short one that you want leave a gap?? Yo don't mind the gap??

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm not going to argue with you b/c I have seen it done 15 different times. I just want to buy the cap, I'm not looking for a tech article in here. Thanks

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I'm not going to argue with you b/c I have seen it done 15 different times. I just want to buy the cap, I'm not looking for a tech article in here. Thanks
I was just trying to help by giving you some insight, since I have some info there. No need to get your panties in a bunch or anything. Go buy it from the dealer. I don't think anyone will give up their nice smooth, painted cap for your big ugly one. :imo

·
Registered
2,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was just trying to help by giving you some insight, since I have some info there. No need to get your panties in a bunch or anything. Go buy it from the dealer. I don't think anyone will give up their nice smooth, painted cap for your big ugly one. :imo
I never said anything about trading. I was asking to BUY not TRADE you moron. You aren't giving any insight either, you are just running your mouth about something you have no clue about.:bird:

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I never said anything about trading. I was asking to BUY not TRADE you moron. You aren't giving any insight either, you are just running your mouth about something you have no clue about.:bird:
I didn't either but nobody is going to sell it. People try to get the smooth paintable ones, not the other way around Stupid. Go pay the piper and STFU.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts