GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone thought of or seen an excursion front bumper on a 2003 style gmc grille? I was thinking it'd look pretty good, but probally have to be sectioned. The one I'm talking about is the one thats all chrome and has a grey airdam at the bottom.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Looks like it might work, with very little mods.
Also looks somewhat the same as the GMC though
post pics if you do do it!

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
ive seen it on an OBS with an escy clip...

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
post a pic of it if ya have one.

It reminds me somewhat of the GMC bumper, but I think it looks alot better and has more chrome and less plastic

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
way2hi said:
post a pic of it if ya have one.

It reminds me somewhat of the GMC bumper, but I think it looks alot better and has more chrome and less plastic
someone around here has it... it was on the forum before we switched servers. it was from LFT last year if i remember right.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess why I don't like them is cause my dad has an 03 GMC and it's the cheaper one so it's grey textured plastic and no foglights. I see it everyday before I leave and I've just been thinkin lately what else could fit on it. The painted ones with fog lights do look better

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
The excursion bumper is neat idea and it would definately give it a custom look...I just have a thing with mixing GM and F*rd parts. lol...guess I'm just too hard core GM :anitoof:

While we'll on the topic though, has anyone ever thought of putting an 03+ sierra front clip on a yukon? My dad was looking for a new vehicle and he really loved my 03 front end, but wanted an SUV. Is this even possible and how much work do you think would be invovled? I was thinking you would only have to switch out the grill and bumper, but the problem is where they are mounted. Would it match up or could it be modified? I've seen a pic of a NBS Tahoe with the 03+ Silverado clip, but I know that would involve a lot more work than just changing bumpers and grills.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If the bumper mounts are the same all he'd have to do is switch out bumpers and airdams. The 03 grille shell is an easy swap

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
you could paint your dads 02 stuff... that grey stuff is easy as hell to prep. as for switching a 99-02 (00-04 yukon)gmc to the 03+ gmc stuff. they have completely different frame tips. which in turn makes it harder to swap out. it can be done. you either have to get the newer frame tips from GM> or make your own custom mounts...

·
Banned
28 Posts
The chances of the bumper mounts being the same are very unlikly.

I had a bodyshop try to do and 00 escallade bumper on my 00 sierra and the hardest part is gonna be making some kinda custom bracketry for it to work. Otherwise should be easy...

To bad I could never put FORD parts on my GMC

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
SmoothStyln said:
The chances of the bumper mounts being the same are very unlikly.

I had a bodyshop try to do and 00 escallade bumper on my 00 sierra and the hardest part is gonna be making some kinda custom bracketry for it to work. Otherwise should be easy...

To bad I could never put FORD parts on my GMC
the bumper mounts are COMPLETELY different.. GM finally made some bumper mounts that arent completely weak. i work at a truck accessory shop and deal with bumpers all day.

·
Registered
476 Posts
After I read your post, I started looking at Excursions comming at me on the road and

the grille at the bottom looks quite a bit wider at the bottom than a GMC. You might want to throw a tape on one before you buy.

LK

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah it is wider that's why it'd have to be sectioned and I don't have the money to get it re-chromed.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts