GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
00Silverado said:
What are you putting in the stock radio location? Looks like a nice deck, but I'm not a Sony car audio fan :imo
6" LCD monitor....by the way that Sony deck does VIDEO input.

·
professional grade
2,999 Posts
DemoN said:
looks good....there's no way you could talk me into owning another sony though
true dat alpine funk flex JL audio dont mess wit da best holla at cha boi be cleah funk flex and alpine doin it big dawg style..yeaaaaaah. be cleah.

on a serious note, im more of an alpine fan but that looks damn nice in there

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
DemoN said:
looks good....there's no way you could talk me into owning another sony though
I think thats the second thing Ive agreed with you on! Id never go to another one again! The guy at work has that radio. He said that every little bump he hits or on some good hits it skips

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
cant remeber, it didnt surprise me as much as the second one

·
Registered
343 Posts
I would have chosen a different unit, but looks great nonetheless :imo

·
Registered
639 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok you guys told me what you think, now let me tell you what happen. Install went great. Awesome sound good connection. But the SWI-X adapter will not work with most sony decks. Something about higher fequency of the IR on sony than everyone else. So any sony deck you buy now adays wont work with your steering wheel controls. SO STAY AWAY from sony. I love thouse steering wheel controls!! :rocking:

So I sold the unit to a buddy who has a galant, hes loving it. I am running stock right now till the 17th. Then I am buying the Pioneer AVIC-N1 unit. Got a deal from a buddy for 1300 something. Hes a true pal, you can check out the unit @ http://www.avic-n1.com/ it does mp3 cd's, DVD NAV, has GPS built in just need the antenna, and plays dvd movies. Plus video input and output. So this baby is replacing where the sony was in my center console. And I am still putting a LCD in the dash.

64850099AVIC-N1_open_big.jpg

And in about the same time I am getting my xbox mounted in my truck. And hopefully I can get the wireing done for it and my center console.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts