GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres some pics of the new project. I bought this truck from a member of ls1tech. I just finished up the rear notch and removed the front cross members. I'm going to build a tubular k member up front. Just trying to get the weight down to 3300-3500 pounds. I just got my motor in not too long ago too. Its a 408 and I'm going to run a s480 turbo on it. Thing is huge. I'll try and post pics up as I go.
IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0109.jpg

IMG_0112.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0113.jpg

IMG_0117.jpg

·
Registered
300 Posts
cant go wrong with f/i setup. looking good

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Little update. Started on the engine cross members. Its not complete and will have more bracing. Also there will be a bar under the oil pan that is going to be removable like the factory one. The motor is not level so dont think the crossmemeber is off.. LOL!! I hope I can finish the crossmembers tomorrow so I can start on the 4 link out back.
IMG_0121.jpg

IMG_0124.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0126.jpg

IMG_0127.jpg

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I assume you're ripping out that cage?
Nah, I'm going to keep it in there for now. I plan on redoing it later though. I hope to be close to 1000hp once its all said and done.

·
concrete redneck
1,923 Posts
looking good, that's a sweet ass jig lol.

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
looking good, that's a sweet ass jig lol.
Haha yeah it is, very cheap since my dads a carpenter. It took me longer to get all the measurements then to put together this jig.. It worked perfect too!!! :biggrin:

·
concrete redneck
1,923 Posts
Haha yeah it is, very cheap since my dads a carpenter. It took me longer to get all the measurements then to put together this jig.. It worked perfect too!!! :biggrin:
looks that way:crazy:

·
Under Construction
8,417 Posts
Hmm.. I remember when he posted up the cage when he had it done. If I remember correctly it was far from legit, only welded to the floor, and crush bends. I'm only stating for you safety, I'd reconsider it, before you put the interior back in.

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm.. I remember when he posted up the cage when he had it done. If I remember correctly it was far from legit, only welded to the floor, and crush bends. I'm only stating for you safety, I'd reconsider it, before you put the interior back in.
I actually had no Idea?? Thanks for the info. I guess I need to put a roll bar on the to do list. LOL. Thanks again!! :shake:

Vic

·
Fat Ginger Kid
2,896 Posts
Looks like a good start. Can't wait to see it done. And 1000hp... :worship:

·
Speed Holes
5,190 Posts
damn, quite the project! Can't wait to see it progress. Props to you, only wish I could fabricate half that much...

·
tuckin
1,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
damn, quite the project! Can't wait to see it progress. Props to you, only wish I could fabricate half that much...
No progress pics yet, I'm going to back half the truck and bodydrop it now. I ordered some rear 4 link frame rails and they should be in tomorrow. Hope to have some things going by the weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts