GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read the posts about a couple guys relocating the bumper on a chevy, but I have a gmc and Im going for the higher look. I have an 03 gmc 2500hd. Does anyone know if its possible to get rid of the hideous black plastic spacer the factory has placed inbetween the bumper and the grill. I was wondering if this is possible so I can mount my bumper that much higher on the truck for a higher look and more tire clearance. What would I need to do in order for this to work. One thing that I noticed today while trying to figure out how to do it was if I move the bumper up, the tow hooks wont fit into their designated cutouts on the bumper anymore. Any pics of a truck with this already done would be appreciated also. Thanks

·
Kyle
1,684 Posts
I think people have painted the black spacer before, i dont know if they have tried to relocate the bumper?

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I have seen the 03 bumper raised... No pics, but it does require some cutting of the frame horns and some other stuff... I just wish I could remember where I seen it at...

but it is possible to do...

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
it will require some cutting, or spacing of the bumper away from the frame. id just paint that ugly spacer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts