GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 119 Posts

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One final thread for the Sierra, rather than adding with all the other threads I'd created etc.

03 Sierra ECSB Z71 SLE, 5.3 etc.

Day I picked it up

Few days later on the way back from lexington hauling a project bike for a buddy

Not leveled, set of clears in the front, bug shield, pinstripe Z71 logos still there and badges

Key'd w/ edelbrock shocks (the ones that were on sale) with matching replacments for the rear, back to stock corners. Thrush 2 chamber dumped at this point.

285/70/17 Firestone Destination M/T's from CL for $150 with the 1st billet grill.

Silverado tails as well from my buddies 05 dmax

315/70/17 BFG A/T's, new billet grill, billet GMC logo, new clear lenses, pinstripe removed, Z71 Removed, tailgate debadged, Escalade handles with black smooth bezels, no keyhole on passenger side, SS t-gate bezel and chrome handle to match as well.

New passenger side window regulator replacement

Blower Motor resistor pack. win

Random clean shot after the 3 inch body lift i bought from joshRA on here.
Also added TYC Projectors

Detailed frame, hit truck with meguairs back in black kit

Frame hole plugs

Started a few other things. Black corner markers with LED Switchbacks (needed to realign bumper badly) Foglight billet covers (55w HIDs in those)

Matching Headlights, great output from the projectors surprisingly. custom snow modification.

Custom Ice modification as well. Plastidipped the grill black with the glossifier to see if I liked it black, and I do, and am colormatching the grillshell as well as the bumper. Have bumper billet and lower billet as well waiting.

Non-icy picture of truck with black grill

Powerslot rotors and pads in front, rears coming shortly

eGay intake painted prowler orange (which will eventually be on the outside of the truck). gay ass filter that comes with has been replaced by K&N

Billet GMC reciever cover from wife and daugter for my bday from last year, and freshly installed spintech pro street back to a 6 inch stainless steel tip.

I had picked up (2) 17x8 KMC spy's that were scratched up with the intentions of powdercoating them all black, picking up (2) more and doing the same for the 315's I have now. But I'm going to sell those 2 and go for a set of OEM 20's or 20x10's in something with some 33's.
The truck has been tuned by my buddy with the red sierra, bodied, cammed, stalled etc on 24' Intro's.

Picked up (2) of the sockets to do the DRL mod and 2 more switchbacks. truck already has the dome light and map lights, along with door lights replaced with LED's. Tag lights are LED's as well, has a "black" LED 3rd brakelight. Unsure what I'll do with the tails yet. Need to figure out what size the puddle jumper lights on the bottom of the mirros are as well, that bothers me.

Also going to smooth and paint the bumper plastics along with a few interior pieces. Either want to do the a cowl or the HD hood on it.

Wheel wise I really like these Moto Metal's. Weld's are way out of my price range (so are American Force lol) These are 20x9's but I could go with the 20x12 (mimic Philbos81's truck)

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks!

Yeah the foglight billet is somewhat overkill. I've been moderatley obsessed with the general "idea" from the days when trenz offered the headlight, turn signal, main grill for the OBS's. granted, 2 totally different ideas and looks, but for some reason in my head it works lol

On my buddy steve's white OBS, bodied, whippled etc.

9,808 Posts
really like the front grill painted...looks awesome with the headlights...If you buy new tails man I want the Silvy ones for my Sierra if you don't mind

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank ya. Yeah cornell posted this in the vehicle thread. now I must color match bumper when I spray grill

Absolutely on the tails. i don't want to tint these stockers because the are mint and ruin them, so I'll probably go another route lol.

9,808 Posts
Thank ya. Yeah cornell posted this in the vehicle thread. now I must color match bumper when I spray grill

Absolutely on the tails. i don't want to tint these stockers because the are mint and ruin them, so I'll probably go another route lol.
do you still have your GMC tails? If I was going to tint a set I would tint the GMC's since they are more flush with the body and don't have the buldges

that truck above is amazing...love the blacked out front end

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, i actually pulled them out of the recon box they were in (buddy replaced his tails on his truck with some all red Recon's and gave me these).

I like the silvy tails though because when I have the LED's in there, the housing is clear, whereas the sierra OEM's have that, well whatever look you'd call it lol. I thought about buying a cheapo pair of sierra "euro" tails (stay with me on this, lol) and then tinting tinting/blacking them out. I love that look of all black tails on a black truck. (this probably makes no sense.)

9,808 Posts
Yeah, i actually pulled them out of the recon box they were in (buddy replaced his tails on his truck with some all red Recon's and gave me these).

I like the silvy tails though because when I have the LED's in there, the housing is clear, whereas the sierra OEM's have that, well whatever look you'd call it lol. I thought about buying a cheapo pair of sierra "euro" tails (stay with me on this, lol) and then tinting tinting/blacking them out. I love that look of all black tails on a black truck. (this probably makes no sense.)
sadly I knew exactly what you meant

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
looks good man! you're gonna have to do a bunch of trimming for x12s i'd think. Either way moar wide is gonna look tits

·
Respect mah authoritah!
11,152 Posts
Not big on the black lights and billet fog holes but other than that sick!

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
looks good man! you're gonna have to do a bunch of trimming for x12s i'd think. Either way moar wide is gonna look tits
I think it was pretty good, for the most part, I'm still going to research before I buy. Might just stick with a x9/x10 though. Moar wide is a must. will space the rears out to match front.

looking good!
Lookin good so far, nice work.
Not big on the black lights and billet fog holes but other than that sick!
Thank ya! yeah the lights and billet fogs get a 50/50 reaction so far. I stuck the lower billet in the other day and it draws it together, but still lol

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Really looking good!
Nice to see another fellow ky with gmc
I live NE KY near maysville where do u live??

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank ya!

Well heck you're not to far at all. I grew up in campbell county (alexandria area) but live over in the florence/union area now.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
No kidding
The guy who cammed my white truck lives in bracken county
We go to Alexandria for a night out sometimes
But I work in lex
We should have a gathering sometime!

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
lol what a small world. There's a guy on here "jetmech" that lives right by my buddy that I put HID's in his Ram off the AA.

I'm in Lex every now and again, usually cynthiana though.

And yes, yes we should. I was thinking of organizing something to see if some of the NKY, Ohio, Indiana folks would want to for the heck of it

1 - 20 of 119 Posts