GMC Truck Forum banner
21 - 40 of 119 Posts

·
I speak jive
151 Posts
well hello sir!

no worries. I figured that you just hated them, me and my truck, you hater you :p
haha yes that's it.

Lol. Was there anything wrong with those lights? How did you like them? I'm still looking for a good deal on Denali lights, or similar, I don't plan on Putting HID's in, so IDK if it would even be worth it

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well I be damned..

Sounds good man I'd be down fo sho!
awesome. I'll make sure I keep you posted!

haha yes that's it.

Lol. Was there anything wrong with those lights? How did you like them? I'm still looking for a good deal on Denali lights, or similar, I don't plan on Putting HID's in, so IDK if it would even be worth it
I mean HATTER lol.

Nah they are used of course, but thats about it, the lenses themselves and and mounting etc portions are all intact and not cracked. I bought them used from eBay actually. I would think the light output would be similar to the OEM's, you'd basically be gaining looks unless you stuck a set of HID's in it

·
Registered
732 Posts
Your truck looks great! Inspiration for me, I have the exact same setup. I cranked my tbars and now sittin on 285/70r17 terra grapplers. What keys did it take you to clear 35s comfortably? Looks like where im at now I should be pretty good but a tight squeeze. Was looking at a kit for 2.5" front key with a 1" rear block setup.

Where did you get your corner lights from? Im torn between black housing and clear housing. Not really a fan of projector housings, but yours flow perfectly!

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Thanks Brendan!

The keys are from eBay, suspensionMaxx IIRC, i did take them out a few months ago and shot them with some flat black paint since the "powdercoating" they come with is worthless lol.Looks fine now (even though no one will ever see them, I knew they are there lol.)

with just the keys in front i cleared the 315's fine, only rubbed while in reverse and wheels turned to the right (which was the bottom of the front bumper, in the very corner). After the 3 inch body, no issues at all. I have the stock block out back, i like a little bit of cali.

The headlights and corner lights are both generic specials from eBay as well that didnt "seal" according to the auction, i happened on them by chance, won the whole set for $45 shipped. Put some clear RTV on the passenger which was alleged as the problem, not one issue since. Very nice cut off line with the 6k HID's I have in there (so much nicer than the OEM headlights with HID's that scattered everywhere)

·
GM Plow Truck Owner
1,600 Posts
Custom Ice modification as well. Plastidipped the grill black with the glossifier to see if I liked it black, and I do, and am colormatching the grillshell as well as the bumper. Have bumper billet and lower billet as well waiting.

Non-icy picture of truck with black grill
Close up pictures of grill?

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Put a few hours in between getting the wheels to look good, still a few imperfections in 1 of the spokes, but it's so small, it doesnt bother me for the moment. Changed oil, fuel pressure regulator cleaned the truck in general. The wheels are plastidipped of course, so for time and one of the dipyourcar.com's gloss black wheel kit, (52 shipped IIRC) i wont complain to much. Never intended on black wheels, and I know they wont stay forever, but for now I'm ok with it.

The wheels are a freebie set of chrome 20's that have "southern conversions" on them. the chrome is trashed, tires are 75% all around and are a 305/50. Bigger tires and re-gear are in future for sure. Obtained wicked sunburn, check lol

LOL and of course, one with my helper for the day

·
I drive gas hogs
263 Posts
Where did you get the frame plugs from?

·
I drive gas hogs
263 Posts
Thank you sir!

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
billet complete in front, will eventually powder them black when I do the bumper, although if we do officially do the two tone, then the bumpers front and rear will be painted to match, and the plastics on the rear smoothed out. Absolutely wanted to do a roll pan, but I'm trying to keep the truck as functional as possible lol and am still 50/50 on a pan on non slammed or laid out truck

Next:

Wire in for the turn signal / DRL mod. Have switchbacks for those to, along with 194 switchbacks.
Need to figure out why the LED bulb I have (running light) on drivers side is not working.
Replace fuel filter / use fuel line fix it kit I bought since the inlet is a PITA
Replace valve stems with the billet specialties bolt in pieces I have
Pick up machined center caps, spray black, install
Detail the frame...again...
33 12.50 20 or preferably 35 12.50 20 M/T somethings
Regear
Headers
Retune

two-tone?

Can't decide if I want to do the regular acorn style lug nuts and black spike covers over the lugs, or just black lug nuts.
And decide if I want to pull the chrome trim or not.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Looks good, I like the sounds of the plans. But I'm not a fan of the roll pan :imo

·
Registered
81 Posts
The head lights and the billet fogs/grill but other wise looks really good and super clean. Nice job!

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Looks good, I like the sounds of the plans. But I'm not a fan of the roll pan :imo
Thanks Kyle. Yeah, rollpan is gonna be a no go. Just going to smooth out the plastics on it when we do the two tone (they'll be the prowler orange). Still 50/50 on when we paint if I'll do the bumpers in the prowler orange or not since they'll be part of the two tone, or keep them chrome.

The head lights and the billet fogs/grill but other wise looks really good and super clean. Nice job!
Thanks man. Yeah, the more and more I see a front shot of the headlights, the more I realize I need to find something that doesnt have that chrome in it, need to be fully black. The fog light billet, I'm still 75/25 on liking lol.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Truck looks good! I seen u close to cold springs back in march truck looked good!

Sent from Tapatalk, son.

21 - 40 of 119 Posts