GMC Truck Forum banner
61 - 80 of 119 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Ah it still doesn't quite look black but yeah the prowler orange probably woulda been a bit much ha.

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
picked up a US Speedo cluster gauge face from eBay for stupid cheap. Have a polished overlay already on the way, and bidding on a set of billet needles (lol yes)

·
Is trying to be nicer.
1,735 Posts
thread digging like a mofo but which K&N did you replace your eBay intake filter with?

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Nothing terribly new.

Sunday down at my buddies house working on his 55 that will lay out on this 19/22 Intro VRod combo, and are other friend who has the red NBS Sierra bodied on 24's and the white OBS bodied on 20's and whippled drove his freshly built Camaro down, photo op lol.

have a lead on some 20 inch centerlines for it as well as getting my rollpan blasted so it can be worked I get that on. Also have hidden hitch and license plate bracket that flips up.

Need to get my US Speedo gauges and billet needles in as well. Been focusing on the sonoma as I've got the 5.3 for the LSx swap into it in along with the LS2 manifold for that also.

Picked up brother in laws new toy as well

Le Parking Garage spot

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #70 ·
Not build thread related, but getting the chassis out from under the '55. The guy pointing at it is the guy who has built / owns these.

This was from Indy Truck Bash in it's last year 2008, his daughter drove the white one.

Chassis removal 101 ha

procomp stainless shorty headers arrived, not LT's like I had planned, but for the price, I wont complain lol.

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
been about 2 months since I posted in here so....

really haven't had a chance to do anything truck wise. Last year, mom passed on July 29th...and this past month, April 22nd, my dad passed away. So there really hasnt been a whole lot of anything going on, other then coping (or attempting to) with all that. It's a big reality check, of the worst kind. I could go on for hours and paragraphs, and pages, but I won't for now.

About the end of March, i was deciding which wheels i was going to go with. I knew that chrome wouldn't be the way to go with these since they'll be on the truck year round since it serves as daily duty. Polished would be nice, but I'll save the "buy American Force wheels" card for a few years when I get into a CCLB Duramax Sierra.

I went with the Gear Alloy 726 "Big Block" 20x12's -44 in the black milled with 33 12.50 20 Toyo Open Country M/T's. Essentially made my decision on philbos81 truck and greywolfz71's, minus the 35's on philbos81's.

pic of 20x12's from the web.

Should be about a week and a half to get them. Very much looking forward to them

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Can't wait to see it

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
I'm very much looking forward to losing the drone of the mud crapplers that are on there now, although they did fit the bill for a period of time, enough to get out of the 305/50/20 Toyo Proxies...which I still need to sell. ack.

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #76 ·
I appreciate the good words fellas. If not for family, friends and this whole automotive thing I like to do, I'd be in deep mentally about it. I have good days and bad as anyone would I assume.

With that said...

wheels and tires are on. 100% happy with them.

bad pic after picking them up

of course the day I get them, and get them on, it downpours on the way home lol.

Please disregard nasty shitty exhaust tip. It's getting replaced...literally have two more nice new ones along with 2 more spintech's for when I do exhaust.

And in the parking garage this morning

I have a full set of front/rear slotted drilled rotors with new EBC pads along with black MGP Caliper covers to go on this weekend as well

·
gmfs member
271 Posts
truck looks great. really like the moto's going to be ordering some soon myself. how bad do you rub with the x12's. an i'm sure it was posted an i over read what are the specs on your truck.

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #80 ·
looks great man!
Thanks!

Love the Gear Alloys!
Thank ya! still trying to decide if it's time for tows or not lol

truck looks great. really like the moto's going to be ordering some soon myself. how bad do you rub with the x12's. an i'm sure it was posted an i over read what are the specs on your truck.
I appreciate it.

it's an 03 1500 z71, stock block in the rear. Leveling keys in front and a 3 inch body lift with Edelbrock shocks front and rear.

Wheels are 20x12 w/ -44 Gear Alloy 726's on 33x12.50 20 Toyo Open Country M/T's.

Only rubbed a bit of plastic on the bottom of the bumper cover in reverse or cranked. I trimmed that back bit by bit until there was no more rubbing. Minimal trimming to say the least.

61 - 80 of 119 Posts