GMC Truck Forum banner
81 - 100 of 119 Posts

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
Edited a picture from last night after i cleaned the wheels and shined the tires a bit. As soon as the rain is done with it's getting a full detail w/ Adam's

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Looks awesome, wish I could get as much crank as you in the front. Mine rubbed with x10s and 305/55s

·
A Proud Texan
4,156 Posts
niceeeeee, if i had a black nbs again would look exactly like this. doin well man

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Looks awesome, wish I could get as much crank as you in the front. Mine rubbed with x10s and 305/55s
Thank ya. did it rub on the bumper cover? I've been contemplating swapping over to denali grill and cover actually. I trimmed my stock lower plastic a smidge tho.

These Gear Alloy's arent bad either:lol2:

Truck is looking real nice man. If I was in the market for black wheels id go with the 726's, they look damn good.
LOL! 'preciate it!

niceeeeee, if i had a black nbs again would look exactly like this. doin well man
thank ya thank ya

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Few small updates as I'm slowly knocking things out as time permits.

finally washed and detailed it. need to clay bar it next.

New rotors in front with EBC pads and the caliper covers. Have all the stuff for the rear, just ran out of daylight last night after getting a late start on it.

Going to change the grill shell again to an OEM chrome with a cut out T-Rex 4mm insert, oem denali headlights (cleared) and clear signal lights i think. I'm keeping the rear bumper instead of color matching or putting the pan on the like I'd intended to more than likely. The plastics on the rear bumper will be smoothed and color matched though. Still undecided on smoothed and colormatched tows.

Smoked red LED tails will be here friday. 2nd set of tinted tails I've had on here, i do like the looks of these OEM ones a lot, but can barely see them during the day

And my current irritation....Both drivers and passengers door panels are like this now, the plastic that holds the rear clip in place, bam broke on both. Going to be a PITA to find mint door panels I suppose. Any suggestions?

Going after some Cognito upper arms and iron everything out with the exhaust one more time next.

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
Thanks Jeff. Yeah i was pretty gungho for going 22x12 but in the milled but just couldnt pull the trigger on that mainly because of tire cost. I'd have loved to go chrome but I'll have to run these year round, and with winter, and salt, eck.

I have a moderate obsession with resi shocks, as well as love how they look so I decided to research and found that Bilstein makes resi's for front and rear, granted the cost is up there, but I'm on a missions to clean everything up about the truck since it's been neglected far too long. steel cowl hood arrived last friday, going to fit it this weekend and get it in paint.

Got the rear brakes done yesterday evening with the new rotors and pads as well as caliper covers out back too. did a bit of frame painting as well. Once I know I wont need the truck for a few weeks, going to pull the bed and and fab in gap guards and then take and have the underside of the bed line-x'd like we did my buddies 2500HD.

*pics @ lunch.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I'm really sorry to hear about your mom and dad. The truck looks great ! Those rims fit the bill 100% lovin the truck bud !

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
Thanks Kyle, I appreciate it!

Did a few minor things this weekend. Picked up a 10x10 for the dogs to be outside @ mom and dads since the yard isnt/wont be fenced in. They'll primarily be inside though. Not bad for $80 when it was about $350 brand new.

And sold the 2nd fridge that we'd picked up for a hunned dolla profit. New tails are on in this pic, and will be the final set. These are all LED except the reverse light and a red smoked.

Won the OEM Passenger side denali headlight today to go with the drivers side that I already have. Going to clear them, get clear lenses and my new chrome grillshell with billet grill will be here in a few days along with shocks.

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Got the rear resi's on, can tell a nice difference with the ride of the truck. Can't wait to get the fronts on (should be delivered today). Need to switch around the billet clamps though on the rears.

Grill shell will be here today, have both denali headlights as well now to.

·
Chevy Owner
535 Posts
Idk how I missed this thread.. good looking truck man! Hate to hear about your parents passing.. Liking the wheels and tires! I'd keep the regular mirrors on for a change

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Thank you, i greatly appreciate it. it truly is a day to day thing. I continually say I'd be screwed if I didnt have the family, friends and support that I do through all of it. Tinkering with the trucks when I have any (lol) free time keeps me above the "sane" threshold!

·
billet
896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
failed @ getting resi's installed on the front this weekend.

installed chrome shell with billet however. need to adjust bumper again. Have OEM denali's and such. Fiddled with the tune a bit more (HP Tuners). Pulling the Sonoma to Camp N Drag next weekend so I'll actually put the truck to use.

·
Representin' Le Mit!
3,584 Posts
Looks good man! I think chrome gears would go better with the spears and your front end though IMO.

81 - 100 of 119 Posts