GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
always wanting ,never get
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i want to get an 03 bumper and grill shell for my 01 sierra 4wd ecsb. i went to gmpartsdirect and i couldnt find it can any of you guys help me on to where i can get these 2 items for a decent price? thanks alot guys

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
Ebay has everything :read:

lol...actually I was thinking that there were a few members on here that wanted to swap out a Denali front clip on their 03s...maybe you can score one off of them...

·
Registered
142 Posts
you know the 03 bumper wont bolt up to your 01 frame horns..........you have to cut the old ones off and weld new ones on.......

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
I'd like to swap out my 03 front end for a Denali clip but somebody said it couldn't be done for some reason. I also got to thinking though, what about an 03 Denali? Same front end as the old ones. Did they change the frame horns on the 03 up's?

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
I'd like to swap out my 03 front end for a Denali clip but somebody said it couldn't be done for some reason. I also got to thinking though, what about an 03 Denali? Same front end as the old ones. Did they change the frame horns on the 03 up's?
i dont know, but i know you can swap a Denali grille and bumper on a 99-02 front end. I would assume that they didn't change it since the 03 denali's look the same as before

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
I don't think the problem lies with the Denali part. The 03+ Sierras were changed up front. 99-02 Sierras and 00+ Yukons (and Yukon Denalis) shared the same front end I believe (correct me if I'm wrong). So taking a 03 and trying to make it have a Yukon front end (or taking a 99-02 Sierra and trying to make have an 03+ front end) would require extra work. I don't want to say it's impossible (nothing impossible if you're willing to pour enough time and money into it), but from what I hear it isn't easy.

·
In Denial
280 Posts
The frame horns are DEFINITELY different. I don't know about the Denali stuff or how it's on the 03+ frame. As far as I know, the frames didn't change on the SUVs, only the pickups.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Well Carbon, if you wanna sell your bumper and grill, or if you need my bumper for the denali swap, lemme know.

I do know though that the bumper takes some fab work to mount. Meaning if I wanted an '03+ bumper on my '01 I'd have to make some framehorn brackets. I don't know about the impact strips or whatever, and I've never gotten underneath an '03 to find out for sure.

How about this: Carbon, or someone with an '03+ GMC, take some pics of the framehorns from underneath the truck and post 'em up. I'd like to see what the differences are.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
the SUV frames have not changed at all and wont until 05. you will need the 99-02 frame tips if you want the denali clip. the 99-02 trucks need the 03+ frame tips from the trucks if you want to run the 03+ bumper and grille. i have alot of experience with these.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
kdubaz said:
Why not just make new mounts for the bumper instead of needing to find a wrecked '03 for the frame?
you COULD do that, but the frame tips are pretty intricate. id just go get a set. they sell them seperately, cause in most collisions, they have to be replaced.

·
Registered
143 Posts
yup, and they arent expensive. 15098992 and 15098993 are the left and right impact struts (for an '03 sierra). They are about $14 at my dealer, a bit less on gmpd.com but you'll pay shipping on each of course.

·
I'll Take teh Case!
1,918 Posts
lowred said:
the SUV frames have not changed at all and wont until 05. you will need the 99-02 frame tips if you want the denali clip. the 99-02 trucks need the 03+ frame tips from the trucks if you want to run the 03+ bumper and grille. i have alot of experience with these.
If the SUV's frame is changing in 05, does that mean that we'll definately be getting an updated front clip as well? When does the full re-design come for the trucks?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
If anybody wants to sell there 99-02 sierra front clip im interested, no rush tho lol

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
some of the 05 suburbans have already drifted into dealerships. ive seen a few around here already. they will probably have the full release in early summer.

·
Its in the works...
356 Posts
Okay so I want to clarify. I have an 00 siverado SCSB and Im collecting parts (ebay and the bone yards) to do the swap to nali 03+ what all do I need and what do you all suggest? Ive seen the parts list on here a few times, but never hear about this difference in the front. What about core supports? What about collision items in the front? Any help will be greatly appreciated. Ive got the hood off a 02 yukon already and getting the fenders as well. I know thoese parts have to match up for the new headlights...

anything else I should look into?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts