GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am purchasing an 03 tahoe 4x4 and was thinking of putting a 6" skyjacker suspension lift on it and running 35" nitto at's and 20" moto metal 955's. Does anyone see any problems i may have with this set up?

·
Registered
257 Posts
Nope problems at all.. You may have a little rubbing with the nittos but probably only at full lock or in reverse. If they do rub crank the stock torsion bars and you will be good to go.

Be sure to post pictures when you are done. Should look tits

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
Typical lift setup nowadays. Big Rimms and Bigg tarrs. Keep the TB crank to a minimum and watch the wheel hubs as they are a weak link at time. Any sign of slack replace them. Other than that search gearing your axles for a better final drive ratio.

·
03 Silverado in progress
692 Posts
great setup but consider a slightly more aggressive tire to set it off

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
great thanks guys I appreciate it. I did choose the nitto at's cuz i have nitto mud grapplers on my 01 ram and they're so loud I can't hear myself think.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,895 Posts
i think the mickey thompson atz would look better...

also after the lift and bigger tires are added i'd suggest a black bear tune to reprogram the transmission shift points and tire diameter.. If you have 3.42 gears i'd highly suggest swapping them for 4.56 down the road. If you have 3.73s it would still run good with the 35s but could use a lower ratio also.

look in your glove box there is a sticker with a bunch of codes

you should see gu6(3.42) or gt4(3.73)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts