GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
don't be an ass!
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the tail lights off of an 03 silverado will fit on the 99-02 models, I really like the 03 tails better i think they look cleaner without the orange relector and i just think they give the back of the truck a smoother look than my stock lights and i personally dont like the way euros look, so i think this is my best option. They look like they should just bolt right up but i dont know so i thoght i'd ask.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Badassilverado said:
Word, there are 4 bulbs as opposed to the 99-02's with 3. The 03+ tails have a "side" blinker on the bottom and also the sockets are slightly different. They'll bolt right up w/ just 2 screws and the wiring harnesses plug directly into the stock location. You can make your 99-02 sockets fit but it'd be much easier to just buy the 03+. They'll usually come w/ the tails...
:word:

With the harnesses it is a plug and play switch. Takes 15 minutes tops...the worst part is getting all the clips to release the wire looms :anitoof:

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
sierraon22s said:
:bawl: Mine didn't :think: oh, wait, I stole them off of a rental.
I was going to steal mine off the rental.. but the cost of extra insurance, multiplied by the days I had the truck would equal to more than the 160 (with harnesses) that I got off ebay. :think:

But nice move anyways.. :naughty:

·
Registered
716 Posts
You really think I would've stolen the tail lights if it were under my insurance? That would be stupid considering the extra money I'd be paying down the road. It was the rental company's insurance.

·
Registered
308 Posts
i got a deal to get some 03 tails with harnesses for 160 shipped, anyone think that sounds like a good deal, or could i probably find them cheaper

·
Registered
476 Posts
sierraon22s said:
You really think I would've stolen the tail lights if it were under my insurance? That would be stupid considering the extra money I'd be paying down the road. It was the rental company's insurance.
I know it was not your insurance but basaically people like YOU make everyones insurance go up!

LK

·
Loves yoga pants
2,408 Posts

Here are mine on my 99...I modified my existing harness with a 194 bulb and socket purchased from O'reilly's for like 6 bucks...wired right into the factory harness and I only paid 100 shipped for my tails...160 is too high..IMO.

Pat

1 - 20 of 24 Posts