GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im getting bored with it and tired of getting smoked by stock Tundras and Titans
So far its got a Blackbear tune, K&N filter intake, Magnaflow custom exhaust, and MSD plug wires and NGK plugs done 18-19 months or so ago

It does seem to ping very easy to me with cheap gas, anything stand out that sounds like one particular thing or another? or is it time for more mods? time to pull the computer or battery to let it reset?

I was thinking of maybe going electric fans from an 06 or 07 or a cam, what cam do you guys think? I know thats a big jump, but Im trying to restore some life in this thing that turned 99k today. i still have the tranny servos in the garage I never did, but fear that between them and the tune that Id break the rearend, tranny, or my marriage as 1-2 can be rough

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
God forbid you have 3.23's?

If you do, that's your weak link. Forget the efans for now, do gears or LT's.

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I've got 3.23's. Bout how much would it cost to just get some 3.73's? And is the trutrac just for helping to pos out?
4.10s dude. about 250 for gears, 250 install, 500 true trac. The True Trac is much stronger than the stock carrier.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I do alot of highway driving though.. so I don't wanna get gears too low
Throttle position has FAR more to do with mileage than RPM. Your truck has to work extra hard becuase

• Your 4.8 is lacking in low end
  • 24's
  • 3.23's

Your mileage will likely increase in town and stay the same on the highway. Get 4.10's

·
Not a
5,206 Posts
Throttle position has FAR more to do with mileage than RPM. Your truck has to work extra hard becuase

• Your 4.8 is lacking in low end
  • 24's
  • 3.23's

Your mileage will likely increase in town and stay the same on the highway. Get 4.10's
Is there very much difference in 3.73's and 4.10's? I was thinkin just go halfway with 3.73's

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
Is there very much difference in 3.73's and 4.10's? I was thinkin just go halfway with 3.73's
or you could do 3.90s. i think Motive makes them.

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
gman12 says he'd sell me his stock 3.73 gears out of his 09 2wd. Would they work in mine?
it should if his is a 10 bolt. as far as i know the NNBS still have the 8.625" 10 bolt rear ends.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Fat stall, 4.30:1 gears.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
i still have the tranny servos in the garage I never did, but fear that between them and the tune that Id break the rearend, tranny, or my marriage as 1-2 can be rough

The servo will make the tranny last longer. It can be softened up with the tune. You're not going to break your rear end. :rofl2:

1 - 20 of 55 Posts