GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend Harley D got a new 04 black ext cab Chevy with some Centerline 22's on Thursday. I'll post some pics later this week. But he was wondering what are the options on the front bumper. He wants to paint the plastic molding on the top and bottom of the bumper. Does anyone make a smooth replacement for this or would we have to sand it down? It's no problem sanding it down I was just wondering before I broke out the Dewalt!

·
Jason RIP
6,062 Posts
03Carbondogg said:
My friend Harley D got a new 04 black ext cab Chevy with some Centerline 22's on Thursday. I'll post some pics later this week. But he was wondering what are the options on the front bumper. He wants to paint the plastic molding on the top and bottom of the bumper. Does anyone make a smooth replacement for this or would we have to sand it down? It's no problem sanding it down I was just wondering before I broke out the Dewalt!
He still have his older truck?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
bcubed said:
He still have his older truck?
Yeah he still has it too. He just needed another daily driver so he could pull a trailor if he needed to.

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I mentioned the SS bumper cover but he said he just wants the stock bumper plastic painted to match.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
ya, i heard some bad stuff about the street scene bumper caps and stuff from stylin..... they are weak and flimsy as as hell

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
When the stock front end is fully painted to match it looks just as good as the SS bumper does to me! Not sure how you'd go about painting the chrome though...might have to have it sand blasted?

·
Registered
6,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Y2KSierra said:
When the stock front end is fully painted to match it looks just as good as the SS bumper does to me! Not sure how you'd go about painting the chrome though...might have to have it sand blasted?
He just wants to paint the upper and lower plastic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts