GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the front suspension of the 04 CC (2WD)any different than the Ext Cab?

I noticed a most lift kits are for Reg and Ext cabs only. Im looking at going w/ a Fabtech 6 or 7in.

Some of the shops say that they can use the Ext Cab kits on the CC, but when I called Fabtech, they told me not to & that a CC kit "was in development", but they could not give me a release date. <shrug>

*Edit*
Just relaized I posted this in Gen Forum & not OFf Road..sorry

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
its the exact same. ive been doing lifts on them since they came out. 2wd and 4wd. i havent noticed any differences. dropping them is another story.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
The spring rate on the coil might be slightly different. I think fabtech makes softer coils for V6's and stiffer coils for the V8 for their 2wd silverado lifts. I think they have different coils for 4 cyl s-10s and V6 s-10s. The bracketry is all the same though. I don't see why an ext. cab. V8 lift wouldn't work on a crew cab. I'm sure crew cabs and ext. cabs weigh pretty closely the same.

As far as I know, only the spring rates are a little different.

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
on the 4x4s, the factory spring is retained. 2wds might be a little different, ive installed v6 springs in V8s, and reg cab kits on ex cabs. its not that big of a difference. i do know that my truck came with a 7K GVWR, and ive worked on 2wds that have a 6800LB GVWR. that is alot. all of the kits ive installed have been the exact same kit as the RC and EC. i have one on my 1500CC.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.