GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,340 Posts
6.5" up front
and 4x6 in the rear....you can fit a 5.25" speaker in this opening with some finess

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
ill let you know tommorw of things that are a pain in the ass... also do you have bose? i have it but its getting ripped out...the deck is really really easy..speakers are a little bit harder

·
professional smartass
5,589 Posts
you can run a single or double din radio speakes are 6 3/4 (6.5s work) and 4x6 in rear

and if you want to keep your door chimes like when you leave you keys in ignition you will need a 80 dollar wiring harness

if not go buy a 02 saturn harness from walmart and one of those fuse taps and piece of wire 25 bucks worth of stuff only thing is you have to run a power source (cant remeber if its switched or constant) to it not anything hard to do

i ran a wire under my gauges to the fuse block and plug fuse tap in. fuse tap was one of the ones that hold 2 fuses and have a wire comming off it it. also for the speakes you will need some sheet metal screws and drill holes for the new speakers cause the oem ones use clips instead of screws

sounds worse than is you can hook it all up in about an hour or 2

·
Wanna B Jack o all Trades
9,823 Posts
they are easy, I can do one in about an hour with a radio and 4 speakers. If you need parts let me know. I have the harness for $60 shipped and the others parts for more if you need them. I also have the speaker harnesses since your doing them

·
2,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ill let you know tommorw of things that are a pain in the ass... also do you have bose? i have it but its getting ripped out...the deck is really really easy..speakers are a little bit harder
yes i have bose

1 - 6 of 6 Posts