GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I have done as MUCH research as possible and can't seem to find anyone else with this problem. Any help in the right direction would be great.

I have a 04 RCSB 5.3l, i swapped in a set of e-fans from a 05 suburban. I used a full factory harness from the PCM pins all the way to the fans. Only part i needed to mod was the ground. The dismantler cut the ground instead of unbolting the horn bolt. I reground it with a gold plated terminal for good ground contact and grounded it to the passenger horn bracket where the factory ground in an 05 is. I had a local shop in Roseville program my PCM. They worked flawlessly, for about a month. Now, they are acting funny. They work intermittently, and have now quit working. I pulled the fans and bench tested them, they work perfectly. I tested all my relays, 100% good. Heres where it gets weird...When i was testing my ground, it isn't a ground now. Somehow it has become a hot lead. When i test it with a probe, it shows hot instead of ground. Im confused how this is possible...I put it all back in and it started working, for a few days...now its DOA again and parked.

Thanks in advance for any help you guys can give me. I scoured all the fan threads and just can't find anyone who has come across with this issue.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts