GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
564 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy just bought a 04 ford f250, its not gm, but maybe someone will have some info on this... when you put the truck in 4wd the hubs should lock when turned to auto, but the only way they will lock is if you get out and turn them to lock. the truck here at work works fine with the hubs in the auto position, but his doesn't, neither side works. we chancked all the fuses and such. i was told it could be the vaccum pump, but wasn't sure what i sould check first. any help is appreciated. oh and its a 04 6.0 auto

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,900 Posts
i would argue this one, but mine is gone in less than 24hrs so i don't care.....every brand makes a good something, imagine if chevy put solid axles under the there 3/4 tons
werdd... factory dana60 stock and a 7.3 powerstroke:gitrdone:

As said I'd check the vacuum lines and pump...

The truck does have the electronic transfer case right?... Mine has the floor shift and it has Manuel hubs.

·
CENTEXOFFROAD
1,348 Posts
yeah, thats what it was, fuck all that, I wish GM would pull their heads out of their asses and do something about it and offer a dealer installed SAS option.

·
Swamper Brotherhood
3,900 Posts
i'd buy a duramax had they had dana 60s.... I hate how chevy cares about comfort more than ability

·
CENTEXOFFROAD
1,348 Posts
or just leave the 1500 as is and everything over 2500 gets a solid axle...they would have one fucking money maker..but they won't :nono:
word.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts