GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am selling my love in order to get me a dmax to pull the camper i want. I have alot investe in this truck, not as much as some on here though. I just bought it last year and paid almost 18 for it, then put another 3-4grand in it. Here is a link to the add. I ma located in bardstown ky. I am asking $15,500, which is a loss but times are rough. Thanks.
http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.j...smission=&max_price=&cardist=8&standard=false

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
:jawdrop: Good luck with the sale buddy

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man. I had a guy come look at it today and he said, " Well, I'll tell you what. I can write you a check for 14000".... I dont believe i could have said no any faster.lol. The truck is in awesome shape and paid for, so i aint just gonna give it away. I already feel like 15 is to low, but like i said, times are rough right now.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
14 for a fully loaded z with bose leather etc? Not accounting for the wheels/tires, exhaust and other add ons? I wish i could buy it for 14 doing it all over again. Heck, getting a all stock one here for 14 would be a good find.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
14 for a fully loaded z with bose leather etc? Not accounting for the wheels/tires, exhaust and other add ons? I wish i could buy it for 14 doing it all over again. Heck, getting a all stock one here for 14 would be a good find.
i got offered 12 for mine when i was going to trade it in..i laughed at him and went on my way. ..im selling mine monday for 16

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so do you think i am high? I believe it is priced about right, but you know everyone thinks their stuff is worth more. I would take 15 even, but 14? Thats flippin cheap. Maybe if it was a ls or something then i could see that, but a slt? Just doesnt seem right.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
so do you think i am high? I believe it is priced about right, but you know everyone thinks their stuff is worth more. I would take 15 even, but 14? Thats flippin cheap. Maybe if it was a ls or something then i could see that, but a slt? Just doesnt seem right.
i think its priced just right. I doubt on here anybody will buy it...i posted it up one time on craiglist..and till this day i still get calls. i would put it on local craiglist. i have the same year and i believe thats a fair price. i just looked at the retail sticker that was on the window..mine was right at 40k!!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well i had it on craigslist but not much action.
The dude that came here was some contractor guy that owns the company. He was real richy rich, hell even brought a leather folder(still not figured out what that was for, maybe the check he was talking about,lol). I know he has the money but he's just low balling me to get a really good deal. I would sell it for 14,5 but then my new truck would have a higher payment. And i am not crazy about payments cause i have always paid cash except on this up and coming one. :(

·
Registered
6,965 Posts
I think its priced right.

Have you found what you want next all ready? Or sell the truck first then find one?

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
well i had it on craigslist but not much action.
The dude that came here was some contractor guy that owns the company. He was real richy rich, hell even brought a leather folder(still not figured out what that was for, maybe the check he was talking about,lol). I know he has the money but he's just low balling me to get a really good deal. I would sell it for 14,5 but then my new truck would have a higher payment. And i am not crazy about payments cause i have always paid cash except on this up and coming one. :(
well if he really wants it he will come back and offer you more but at the same time if your wanting to sell it soon, youll come back and take his offer...

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
yeah i kinda think he will be calling back here soon, but at the same time I am ready to just sell and get another. But there's really no need besides the fact i have short patience.
I found the one I want but I am not going to be able to afford it. Not that i cant but i am not paying that amount a month. I will prolly buy a stock one and run my winter 285/70 bfg's on some sort of aftermarket 17" wheel with the truck leveled until tax time, then lift it. The one i want already has everything done, takes the fun out of it but I cant buy a stock one and make it like this one for what hes asking. I found a all stock gmc with 36 on the miles, cc,sb, 4x4 slt for 26. Trucks in awesome shape but i really dont want the gmc frontend again. I have always liked the cat-eye front end better. Just hard to find a clean dmax thats not over 30grand.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
kybray--- Well we talked for a bit then he said he can write me a check for 14 right now, or he can find out tomarrow if he can do more. I told him i will take off 500 and make it 15, plus help him on taxes(say i sold it for less). And he said he would let me know something. So idk. He will prolly call in the next couple days, mainly cause there is no way he will find a cleaner z since i looked for 3months till i found it, but like i said, i have no patience.

·
meow
15,747 Posts
Yeah i paid WAAAAY less for my 04 Z71 with the same features :wave:

Call the guy back up that offered you 14 :jester:

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Maybe if it was your truck, not mine. I have been looking on autotrader for a couple hours and you cant touch my price. Look for a 03-05 gmc z or silverado(5.3,leather etc) within 200mls of 40013. Tell me what you think. There is a couple silverado's that have good prices(all stock though) but hardly no sierra's.

·
Registered
13,677 Posts
Maybe if it was your truck, not mine. I have been looking on autotrader for a couple hours and you cant touch my price. Look for a 03-05 gmc z or silverado(5.3,leather etc) within 200mls of 40013. Tell me what you think. There is a couple silverado's that have good prices(all stock though) but hardly no sierra's.
Garrett (Bumpers) bought the same truck over a year ago for $14k.

Trust me, im looking for a truck right now, and for some reason everyone is charging the strength. I guess its bc noone is buying new anymore but still, that doesnt mean theyre worth that, or that theyll sell.

also, despite what you might think, add-ons DECREASE the value of the truck, because you have to find someone who wants all that stuff on the truck. Stock truck will sell faster any day of the week. id keep this in mind.

As said before, id call back checkbook guy pronto

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
ill sell mine for 5:crazy:, a delearship offered me 15 for my truck when I was looking into getting a nnbs. It sucks how everything has gone so low but thats the way it is. Im just going to wait about a year or so, and enjoy my truck a bit more, and save some more money. Good luck.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts