GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK i know we have talked about this before (Torque Mgt)

But this don't seem right my 04 Silver 4.8 LS ex cab has no power, it has half the power my 02 had, same 4.8 3.42 gears. from idle I can floor it and maybe after 5 sec it will get up to 40mph rpm's will slowly clim to 4k, it sounds like i'm stuck in a high gear or pulling a trailer, I might be able to spin the tires on a wet road but when i do it seems to bog down, even with AC off it's the same

The dealer said there is no problem no codes, but bring it back when i get 3k on it ??? it seems to be getting worse, These bottom of the line 4 bangers can beat me of the line, in normal driving. I have to be careful when pulling out in trafic it has to be completly clear before i even think of moving out

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
TB blade closes as you're drive by wire... it's shitty. You're probably getting 30-40% TPS when you foot is at the floor.

It's one of the many features of TqMgt and it's friendly Abuse Modes.

·
Registered
343 Posts
LS1edit > j00! :D

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
1,137 Posts
dam, 04+ are electronic throttle position sensored? no more direct connect from peddle?

·
1,137 Posts
were 02s? cuz i couldve sworn my 02 was a classic throttle cable setup

·
Registered
388 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Another question should i dump my cold air intake and go back to factory w/k&n dosen't seem worth having, no change in power or throttle responce

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
:imo it sounds like something is wrong, it shouldn't be slow.

I have no idea what is involved in that system though, for all I know they have a sensor on the pedal that inputs into the computer how much throttle you give it, and then that goes to a servo that runs your throttle blade, and the computer also fires the fuel injectors to add fuel. Who knows what else though.

My best guess is that the servo is a dud, maybe moving to slow or getting stuck. If you turn the key to the run position and mash the pedal down a few times, you should be able to hear the throttle servo move around, maybe even pull off your air intake tube and have a look and see if it moves with some speed. :think:

And this thread is reason #19182 why I think i'll be keeping my truck for a long time...it has no bullshit :D

·
1,137 Posts
Id say keep the k&n, and get a tune. that will be the best mod youll ever make probly, some kind of custom tune.

·
RIP Jason
4,089 Posts
Sounds like it's something more than just TQM to me

One thing you can try is get a tune from Nelson with some TQM taken off and if that fixes it your good to go. If that isn't it you wouldn't be wasting your money cuz you would have a sweet tune so your truck will be all that much faster when this is cleared up

·
Registered
343 Posts
So throttle by wire is worse than throttle by cable :think: Doesn't the z ought six use it??? :insane:

·
Line-X of San Antonio
5,237 Posts
my 04 isnt as peppy as my 02, and i think that the drive by wire has something to do with it. but, i went from a 2wd to 4x4 and its a little bigger then my 02 was. well see after i get tuned.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Josh said:
my 04 isnt as peppy as my 02, and i think that the drive by wire has something to do with it. but, i went from a 2wd to 4x4 and its a little bigger then my 02 was. well see after i get tuned.

My 03 is MUCH slower than my 91. :think: :crazy:

·
Under Construction
160 Posts
I have an 03' with the drive by wire and I don't have a problem at all. The only mod I have is a flow. I can burn the tires all day. You should've seen the first pair of tires that only last 12,000 miles.

·
Registered
406 Posts
I have to agree. My 99 sierra 5.3 would run circles around my 04 CrewCab 5.3. I think the torque management is stronger than the earlier models plus the throttle by wire sucks. And my 99 had half the mods to it that I have already done to my 04.

But its slowly getting there.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts