GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well... not really a rebirth, but back to normal anyways. Im sure everyone will recognize it. I bought this truck from kevin (kdubaz) in May of 2008, i drove it daily for about 4 months then realized it was too nice for a daily so i parked it and drove it once or twice a week. Then Febuary 28th of this year i dusted it off and took it to dinner with some friends, came outside to find this.

They smashed the window, damaged the paint on the door, broke the dash in 2 places, and made off with my head unit and subs aswell as a book of cds. This happened in a well lit parking lot at 8pm parked inbetween a walgreens and a grocery store. Cops came, printed, blah blah. Next morning i got some pictures of the damage.

Just after those pictures i drove the truck to put it in storage until i had a day off and could start my insurance claim. On the way there i stopped for 5 minutes at a home depot for a masterlock and i get hit in the parking lot by a woman with no insurance.

Im a 30 y/o grown man and i actually cried. Wasnt a good 12 hours for me! Anyways, 5 weeks and $4500 later she's back to normal. One good thing about it is there was some minor paint damage under the rear quarter panels and top of both fenders aswell as a small crack under 1 of the taillights thats all fixed now. Half the truck was repainted, a fellow club member did the paint work and it came out amazing. Alot of people suggested a new color, but i love this color too much so i kept it the same. All thats left is a new sub enclosure which will be done next month.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
damn, thats a kick in the balls bro. Hope you have better luck!

·
1,847 Posts
holy shit talk about bad luck! It seems like I've seen that truck at shows here in Texas. U ever come this way?

·
Registered
8,312 Posts
Sucks to hear about your bad luck but that truck is :drool:

·
:bishplz:
5,053 Posts
At least the cops came out (although it looks like that didn't help here). When they did the same thing to mine, the cops said since there isn't a body or tool left behind and they didn't attempt to take the actual truck, they wouldn't come out. I guess Mesa Cops are better than TPD :shrug:

Glad to see it back to normal though, the trucks sick

·
Smiggles
3,493 Posts
holy shit that sucks, now its back in all its glory

·
I am Tom Slick
6,613 Posts
damn i didnt even know the truck was sold.....sorry about the rude ass comment in your photo gallery, lol....so many people out there just like to claim shit that isnt theirs

sucks about the luck, coming out to your window being smashed is a terrible feeling

·
Fat Ginger Kid
2,896 Posts
Damn, that sucks. Atleast you had a buddy that could paint it for you. Hope you have better luck. And like they say "It never rains, but it pours".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts