GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got my BB tune the other day and love it.. i think i have my buddy ready to order one also. he has a good question though.. he had an 04' Avalanche and traded it in for an 07' nnbs Avalanche. he said his 04' seamed quicker, like it had more torque off the line. so we're wondering, when did gm start using the torque management in these things. maybe the 04' didn't have it..?? or was it just not as bad in 04' as it is in the nnbs..?? they both have the 5.3 in them..
thanx in advance....

·
GMFS Military Member
10,899 Posts
I pretty sure the NNBS have more TM than the NBS. I had mine 100% removed from Engine and 50% from Tranny. Then when I press the Tow/Haul button it removes 100% from both. I love it.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
Yeah I believe the nnbs has more. My nbs is quicker than my cousins 08 nnbs 5.3 even before I got my tune.

·
Registered
6,840 Posts
I pretty sure the NNBS have more TM than the NBS. I had mine 100% removed from Engine and 50% from Tranny. Then when I press the Tow/Haul button it removes 100% from both. I love it.
When I finally order a BB tune, this is most likely what I'll be requesting.

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanx for the replys/help...

·
GMFS Member
4,390 Posts
take out all the TM :imo fuck it.

·
Banned
1,500 Posts
what year did it start? wondering if my friends 02 would have it

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts
yeah his 02 has it..not sure when it started though, but sure does suck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
mid to early 90s.
:word: i believe it started in 93-94 or whenever the 700r4 got renamed to the 4l60e.

personally, i would remove 100% from the motor and 75-80% from the trans. like justin told me, TM will not save or hurt your trans, how hard you hit the skinny pedal determines that.

but yes, i test drove a new 08 with a 5.3 and vs my 06 with the 5.3 it seemed even more sluggish.
both seem like crap compared to my the 06 i have now

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
a lot of you guys take it all out on the tunes huh?

·
haz 12"s!
4,531 Posts
I tuned out all TQ management and been that way for 70k+ miles and no problems, but I also dont go beating the hell out of the truck everyday.

·
Registered
103 Posts

·
Diego Mafia
2,625 Posts
do want !!!!

·
Bayou Surface Drive, LLC
7,077 Posts
TM started in 98 ish on gm trucks.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts