GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys new to the forum. Bein lookin around here for awhile and I have noticed alot of you guys really enjoy helping each other out so I was wonderin if maybe yall could give me some input please. I've got an 04 CC that I want to lift and I have been lookin at the 6" Fab-tech and wantin to run some 20's on 35's and was wonderin how the fab-tech rides. really the only 2 lifts I've looked at are fab-tech and superlift. Wondering if anyone had any advice????

thanks guys

·
Relentless Motorsports
1,222 Posts
i have a 6 inch fabtech on 35's and to me it rides pretty well no problems. granted i haven't driven any other lifted trucks.. but the only thing different seems to be that you are higher off the ground haha

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
i personally dont like the fabtechs for your year model...actually for any torsion bar chevy. they dont drop the diff a full 6" its just 4 or 4.5" but the spindles are 6" so you have a cv angle to begin with so theres no way to gain much more lift without a rediculous angle, a buddy of mine had one on his hd and broke cv shalfs all the time.

i think the best kit for your buck is the procomp. but cognito is probably the best right behind i say cst.

·
Texas Rebels!
462 Posts
There are 2 different types of lifts for our trucks out. A full drop or a knuckle kit. You mentioned Fabtech (knuckle kit)- a good kit although it drops the front end only 4.5" & your cranking to get to 6". I consider it a smaller 6" (but I have seen some huge looking Fabtech Z's).

I went with Superlift bracket kit. It drops your front dif. a whole 6" & you cant crank to 7.5" or even 8" (which I'm at 8"). Superlift makes the bracket kit & the F.I.T. kti for our truck. The FIT is a knuckle kit. I kinda think knuckle kits ride better but you get more height out of a full drop kit.

Something to think about is ProComp- they make a fulldrop kit that rides great.

·
Yes, it's a lifted 2WD!
451 Posts
I have the fabtech kit and the truck is just not big enough...Knowing what I know now, I would go with the Cognito 7-9in or 10-12in kit.

·
Registered
48 Posts
heres my 04 cc...fabtech, 35's and 17's

100_3575.jpg

1 - 6 of 6 Posts