GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thanks to Boostaholic I got a sweet 2/3 drop in today. Keys up front, 3" Belltech springs and shock extenders in the rear. Took about 2 hours and actually went down 3 in teh front and 4 in teh back. I'll get better pics next time it's cleaned up......

Also, I get a Service Ride Control or something like that on the dash. Anyone have any ideas?

DSC_7512.jpg

DSC_7513.jpg

DSC_7514.jpg

·
GMC Owner
1,534 Posts
Looks good. A friend of mine has a lowered 'nali and he went to the dealer to get the light cleared. $50.

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So the light just needs to be cleared? I can have that done for nothing... Gotta reset the tpms, service stability, and ride control. This POS has way too many sensors for me to drive.

·
Mile High
3,080 Posts
Looks awesome dude, nice to see everything worked out well. I figured the rear would be more drop but that isn't such a bad thing :cheers:

·
Stay Gold!!!!
6,522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
The service ride light comes on because the self leveling load rear suspension, there are bars on the frame that you need to bend/tweek to trick the truck into thinking it's still at original ride height.

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/cadillac-escalade-ext-esv-forum-1999/63249-installing-lowering-kit-location-rods.html
The kit that I got came with shortened links, so the rear ones didn't have to be bent. I used shorter ones on the rear, then moved the rear links to the front, which were also shorter.

·
southern kustomz
348 Posts
looks good dude,my buddy had those rims on his old truck-theyre badass

·
Mossy Oak Pro Staff
2,668 Posts
Looks good! I'm guessing this is the wife's ride?

You went up, she went down. Ride height of course.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts