GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just went out and bought sylvania silverstar's for my truck. I got 9006ST for the lows and 9005ST/2 for the highs. The stock highs were 9005 and lows were 9006. What does the ST and ST/2 mean? The low beem 9006ST says on the package "The look of HID" and the 9005ST just say "Whiter" "Plus Blance". Now are these the same style lights? I can hardly tell a difference between these and the stock bulbs. Did I do something wrong here? Do I need different bulb numbers? All of this is probably confusing to read but help is greatly appreciated. thanks.

IMG_0779.gif

IMG_0784.gif

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
you bought single packs of the 9006 bulbs, and a twin pack of the 9005s.

·
Registered
8,114 Posts
high beam and low beam lights are different bulbs... anyone that bought silverstars have the same ones in their highs and lows as you.
youll notice the lows have a bit of grey coating on the tip of the bulb where the highs dont.

·
Banned
4,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know i have the right bulb numbers. But I thought there would be more of a difference between silverstars and stockers... Basically what I'm wondering now is this the kind of silverstars everyone else runs?

·
Registered
220 Posts
that is the same issue i have had with silverstars. one pack i get they might have really white light, the next may look just like stock. VERY inconsistant.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Yes, these are the exact same pair of silverstars, minus the connector fitment.
If you want your low beams even brighter you can modify the 9005s into them. I have done this on several of my vehicles and I love it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
st=silverstar
st/2=silverstar twin pack

1 - 9 of 9 Posts