GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picture005.gif

I just recently got this 05 2500 HD 2wd and i am wondering what i should do to it suspension wise. Right now it has 3" Fabtech Spindles and im pretty sure the T Bars are cranked a lil. In the rear it has a 3" Block. It has 18x9 KMC Backseats on 325/60/18 (33x13.5) Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ's. Im thinking about going with the Cognito Leveling kit and a 17x8 wheel on 315/70/17 at's or mt's. or Could i leave what i have now and get a 17x8 and be able to clear a 315 with out rubbing badly. i am welcome to all suggestions on lift and wheels choices

Thanks alot

·
Jason you will be missed
617 Posts
leave it the way it is looks really good. if you do decide to change wait until you need tires. looks tits as is right now.:imo

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
The Cognito kit won't give you anymore lift, if you're already cranked up. Really, your only options are to install a body lift or a full-drop suspension lift that retains the stock knuckles. Your spindles won't work with knuckle kits. I'm not sure if you want to go that big though... that would be like 6"+3"+2" for a total of 11" of lift. You could easily clear 38's.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlackHD: Wheels/tires will be for sale soon, let me know if your interested

Klemm: Do you think it would improve the ride if i got the leveling kit because of the a arms and also help to save the front susp from wearing out?

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Klemm: Do you think it would improve the ride if i got the leveling kit because of the a arms and also help to save the front susp from wearing out?
Yeah, definetly. The upper-arms will correct the ball joint angle and make them them last longer. The kit also comes with much better shocks than the ones you have. (Assuming you still have stock shocks.) I think the kit might come with new bumpstops, or the a-arms are built differently where the bumpstop meets the upper-arms, which is supposed to help the ride also.

You're not going to get anymore lift out of the Cognito leveling kit, but I definetly think you would notice improved handling and maybe even a tad more wheel travel.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
k im going to go with that kit then soon, thanks alot for the help

·
hmmmm, i be damned
1,944 Posts
How many miles are on the tires, and whats the backspacing on those wheels?? Do you have anymore pics, say a front on pic and one from the back and straight on from the sides??

·
OG Member
4,862 Posts
Damn that was quick. Didnt realize you were getting the HD this soon. Nice find! You live in the far end of Simi past Madera it looks like? Judging by the farmland hill in the background.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BlackHD: i will get more pics and specs then post them later today for you

MotoHead: haha ya it was pretty quick, your good at guessing where i live. Im in woodranch off madera. Now you know what the truck looks like so you can spot me driving.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts