GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Its in the works...
Joined
·
356 Posts
So who do you think is going to do the first body drop hybrid truck for 05? Ive got $50 on it that it will be some shop in California that gets lucky enough to get their hands on it before its available to the public. Just like what happened with the Nissan Titan.

Im thinking about even waiting to get one... Sure could use the spare gas money to get more parts...
 

·
ExhaustSoundzSeniorMember
Joined
·
1,137 Posts
I looked at a couple 05s at one of the local dealership, other than the new 17in wheels on the GMCs i didnt see much anything different.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
The 2005 1/2-ton trucks come standard w/ drum brakes and disc brakes are NOT an option (Remember, in 1/2-ton form).

A factory sunroof is now available.

GM also revised the fuel system. Engineers eliminated the reuturn line and vapor lock. From what I've been told, dealers are already having problems w/ this updated system.

GM...:nono:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
GM's reason for doing so is to address customer complaints of a "mushy" brake pedal. The fullsize utility vans also received rear disc brakes a few years ago and sales increased dramatically. Companies and customers alike no longer had to deal w/ repairing drum brakes. I'm told it was simply a poor design that caused them to wear out quickly. Unfortunately, the 05' 1/2-ton trucks use a similar drum setup. Time will tell how these perform.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,752 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
GM's reason for doing so is to address customer complaints of a "mushy" brake pedal. The fullsize utility vans also received rear disc brakes a few years ago and sales increased dramatically. Companies and customers alike no longer had to deal w/ repairing drum brakes. I'm told it was simply a poor design that caused them to wear out quickly. Unfortunately, the 05' 1/2-ton trucks use a similar drum setup. Time will tell how these perform.....
If you ask me they fixed the problem on the Fullsizes. I love the new brakes and have disc brakes. :D
 

·
thats right
Joined
·
1,399 Posts
wow a step backwards. i love the rear discs. They stop much better than drums IMO. the tradeoff is a shitty parking brake, which isnt a big issue
 

·
thats right
Joined
·
1,399 Posts
toyota doesnt offer discs in the rear either, but they do have better discs in the front to make up for it.

another example of GM cost cutting at it's finest :nono: :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
why dont you make statements about the brakes after you drive one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,026 Posts
GMCtrk said:
why dont you make statements about the brakes after you drive one.


Are you talking to me? I'm sure the 05' 1/2-ton trucks will stop well but maintenance may be an issue. Only GM could screw up drum brakes.....:crazy:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
343 Posts
BaggedC10 said:
Are you talking to me? I'm sure the 05' 1/2-ton trucks will stop well but maintenance may be an issue. Only GM could screw up drum brakes.....:crazy:
no no, I was talking to everyone here who seems to negative about the new brakes. I doubt GM would decrease stopping power when that could be the difference between buying a GM or ford or dodge
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
228 Posts
The grille and hood are changed on the HD also. Looks different...




Also they dont list the new Burmuda Blue color that is going to be available.

I like the sunroof though!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
406 Posts
Drum brakes are just a bitch to maintain. I personally like my 4 wheel disks on my 04. Its hard to please everybody.

That pisses me off too about the Available sunroof now. Makes me wish I woulda waited.
 

·
thats right
Joined
·
1,399 Posts
Andy said:
1500hd is back
strictly marketing. the 1500hd is the same truck whether you call it a 2500 or 1500hd. its still a 2500 series truck. its 8 lug, rides rough, 6.0, etc. its a 3/4 truck. im suprised chevy even experimented with calling a 3/4 ton truck for a year. they probably sold alot better when they were called an HD half ton, because lots of people dont want a "big 3/4 ton truck", even tho its pretty much the same thing as a half ton dimension wise.

interesting how they play around with the badges though, wish i could see their overall sale numbers year to year on that model
 
1 - 20 of 57 Posts
Top