GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a slight weep coming from an intake bolt on the left side right uner the throttle body. I was wondering if that Alumiseal would be fine to use with the dexrol antifreez. I've never worked on alum. / plastic engines. I'm afraid to remove the bolt and put some teflon tape on it and reinstall.

thanks!

Mr. 960

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
possibly a hose connecting to the TB leaking? do the steam tubes have coolant flowing through them? if so, one could be loose.

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, don't know how to use photobucket. My first thought was the throttle body coolant hoses were leaking after I bypassed the TB. But no, they are dry, and have no residue or sticky substance on them. The bolt in question, is a 13mm; you see two of them at the front of the engine. They hold the flat piece of aluminum on top of the engine block. Right above that piece sits the plastic intake manifold, with the yellow foam on the bottom.

Can alumiseal be used in these engines running the red coolant?

Thanks!!

Mr. 960

·
resident pyromaniac
7,499 Posts
yeah, don't know how to use photobucket. My first thought was the throttle body coolant hoses were leaking after I bypassed the TB. But no, they are dry, and have no residue or sticky substance on them. The bolt in question, is a 13mm; you see two of them at the front of the engine. They hold the flat piece of aluminum on top of the engine block. Right above that piece sits the plastic intake manifold, with the yellow foam on the bottom.

Can alumiseal be used in these engines running the red coolant?

Thanks!!

Mr. 960
That is the steam/vent tubes. I think they have a rubber gasket on the bottom of them. You could pull the intake and replace them. Pulling the intake is cake:imo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts