GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend just bought an 06 Denali XL. It has the 6.0. With that being said, it has a real nice throaty sound to it. My 06 Yukon with the 5.3 is very quiet. I looked under his Denali, and the exhaust is 100% stock; however, he has dual pipes instead of the collector, and then it feeds into the muffler and comes out in one pipe, just like my Yukon. What is the point of the dual exhaust, if it goes into one muffler??? Does it give it more breathing room? I'm tempted to put a similar design on mine if it gives me a little more power. Basically I like the sound as it is throatier then mine, but not aftermarket loud. Any info?

Thanks!

Mr. 960

·
00silvy
3,679 Posts
My friend just bought an 06 Denali XL. It has the 6.0. With that being said, it has a real nice throaty sound to it. My 06 Yukon with the 5.3 is very quiet. I looked under his Denali, and the exhaust is 100% stock; however, he has dual pipes instead of the collector, and then it feeds into the muffler and comes out in one pipe, just like my Yukon. What is the point of the dual exhaust, if it goes into one muffler??? Does it give it more breathing room? I'm tempted to put a similar design on mine if it gives me a little more power. Basically I like the sound as it is throatier then mine, but not aftermarket loud. Any info?

Thanks!

Mr. 960
All 6.0l trucks are like that. Not sure why. Doesn't give any power increase really. Would be pointless to put a stock 6.0l exhaust on ur 5.3l.

·
Registered
341 Posts
the is a slight diff. since he has a 6.0 but other than that hes setup wont make no hp diff on urs. if anything add a maganflow since there pretty quiet n will help ur truck breathe.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts