GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well about 1 month ago i bought my wife a 06 Denali, and tonight it is going to the track tonight with me!!! Since i sold my 99 SS camaro, i have kinda been itching to race something. I know this is no comparison to the SS, but does anyone know what a stock 06 Denali should run? And since it is really my wifes truck, what are some decent upgrades for it that wont make it loud or not a (girls truck)?

·
I miss you little guy
1,546 Posts
A big magnaflow muffler and a cold air intake would help.

·
Resident Guinea Wop
14,533 Posts
Great! There's some guys over at www.denalitrucks.com that claim 16.1 in a stock Denali Yook. That's pretty fast for a enormous cinderblock of a truck, lol.

I hope to get mine to the track after I get a few more goodies.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Yeah I vote in the 16s...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i just got home from the track, and the answer is 15.70 @ 87.33 mph. I had a 2.36 60'. I am pleased with that run. I think for a heavy ALL stock truck that is pretty good.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yes AWD 6.0 i made 2 passes, the first was the best, 15.70 the 2nd was 15.79. There was time to make another pass but some guy on a Motorcycle wrecked on the track, so i left cause it would take awhile to clean that up.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
how does a huge truck run 15.7 stock, and my ext cab is only running 16 flat with a bad mass air flow sensor? im pissed...

it's time to get some more toys for the ext cab.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
it depresses me though....so now it's time to start to looking into getting a 6.0 myself. :)

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
About 600lbs more than ECs. But, AWD launch + more cubes = go powa!

-bZj

·
Registered
2,525 Posts
aftermarket MAF's are probably worse than the stock ones...not gonna help your cause any IMO.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Cool, ran well.

·
it's not fast enough
1,677 Posts
aftermarket MAF's are probably worse than the stock ones...not gonna help your cause any IMO.
i have a stock one, without that mesh or whatever it is on the filter side of it.
i have a k&n C.A.I. with a ported t.b. and the mesh removed/exhaust/29" tall tires now/pooptech programmer aka powertech.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts