GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So as a lot of you already know, i removed my 9.5 fts lift couple weeks ago and went back to stock height. I did this because the truck was just flat out too big/nice for me to use as a dd to commute to school and for work on the farm. The uca, lca, tbar crossmember, are still powdered white and the tbars, dust shields, tbar bolt keepers, etc are still chrome. I ordered new ffr heim steering since i already had my knuckles drilled for 5/8 bolts with the otherheim steering i had on the fts. Installed a new idler arm along with 4 bilstein 5100 shocks with reindexed tbar keys. I still have enough space between the uca and bumpstop to fit my hand between them so handles and rides like a dream! I wanted to make sure when i lowered it that it drove just like or better than factory so i didnt cut any corners in putting it back together. I will be doing a few things to it in the future so I guess we can call this my build thread lol. Also got new 265/75 r16 toyo at 2's.

Future mods list-
Led turn signals (5k)
Convert DRL to turn signals and install Leds (5k)
Ppei DSP5 tuning
New exhaust not sure if 4" or 5"
Chrome 6"x18" rolled edge 45* cut tip (maybe rbp or just plain)
Hid 5k kit for lows and fogs
Led pods for backup
20" light bar between tow hooks
Chrome tow hooks
New billet grille
Replace leaking tranny cooler lines
Replace 2 glow plugs
Candy tail lights

Maybe a few more things that i cant think of right now. Ill be updating this list

Some pics of how it sits now

Before new tires and more crank

212A1A32-854E-43AD-8696-AA13C8D4E9C4_zpsfzjhvlec.jpg

Before fixing the tailgate cap. Never went back on correctly after having plastics painted the right side didnt stay down. What a pain that was to remove all the 3m tape and put new tape again

C08E22B9-7144-4822-8F66-F55F82BE480B_zpstorp18rn.jpg

After fixing tailgate cap

AB26F368-8C0E-441B-B9F9-32D29582BB1B_zpszz0iaw4v.jpg

Removed front plate

04E849ED-2B3F-4FEB-A5DF-24D6A9B464A6_zps506hejpf.jpg

After todays wash

91D0E559-F156-493D-B084-613265FA72FA_zpsgwf5xdsx.jpg

A8CE50F1-7D82-4CBD-92AD-BD0AF51796C0_zpszqvglcvt.jpg

B2A400BF-1C8B-4CA0-953F-B3CBA92BB9AD_zpsq1nxbrp0.jpg

87111854-2E35-41D7-A37A-FB1E4B4BEF19_zpsekljknc0.jpg

·
Baseball
2,306 Posts
truck too beautiful for stockers..

·
I got work to do
6,024 Posts
Clean pics look really good. I think if you did rims/tires. Youd still have the look of your lifted setup.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Maybe 20x10s later, not now while i commute. Feels fast on this setup and rides/handles even better. Gonna get a trailer for it (hopefully a gooseneck) so i can tow my red truck and equipment

·
Registered
6,926 Posts
Loved the truck lifted with the fts, but it looks just as good to me at this height. :shake:

Now I need to have mine at that height, but it rides so nice completely stock lol.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The spears still survive :jester:

Looks good Harpaul
Im really thinking about taking them off now, i hate dealing with that double stick tho lol

Loved the truck lifted with the fts, but it looks just as good to me at this height. :shake:

Now I need to have mine at that height, but it rides so nice completely stock lol.
Honestly i thought it was going to ride like crap but wow idk if its the shocks or what but it rides great! Like i said i can fit my hand between the bumpstop and the uca so its not maxed out. Sits pretty damn level imo. I have reindexed keys and the bolts arent that far in. It rode way harder with the stock keys maxed with the stock shocks and even with the 6" procomp and stock keys maxed

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Im really thinking about taking them off now, i hate dealing with that double stick tho lol

Honestly i thought it was going to ride like crap but wow idk if its the shocks or what but it rides great! Like i said i can fit my hand between the bumpstop and the uca so its not maxed out. Sits pretty damn level imo. I have reindexed keys and the bolts arent that far in. It rode way harder with the stock keys maxed with the stock shocks and even with the 6" procomp and stock keys maxed
You need to get yourself a 3M eraser wheel.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thats what i used on the tailgate cap! Impossible without one. Now that i look at that pic straight on from the side the inner fender in the back is kind of an eyesore on the back with that white showing

·
Going fast breakin shit.
286 Posts
love nicely done white truck , especially lbz's

·
Registered
876 Posts
Lol everyone that doesn't know you will think you have a poser "cencal" truck that's leveled with powder and chrome:crazy: At least yours was og!

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol keepin it clean even at stock height. Dont really care about what people think, nobody really has any room to talk anyways with the kind of shit people are doing to their trucks nowadays :crazy: And if i were to do it again og style is the way id go again. 10" lift all powder and chrome 33s and 20x12 welds and painted plastics leaving all the factory chrome and billet grilles... just my taste lol

·
Kali lean activist
663 Posts
Truck looks sweet! Got tired of the cen-cal look a long time ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Yake is a Fgt
3,582 Posts
Truck is screaming for some wheels. New setup does look good though!

·
Jake
2,353 Posts
Still looks amazing bro, what'd you end up doing with your welds?

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks guys. Welds and toyos were sold

1 - 20 of 22 Posts