GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the manual ac system in my 06 silverado. The ac blows cold, getting below 40 degrees at times. It cycles on and off as it should for about the first 30 minutes. After that the compressor runs constantly until it freezes. Now consider this, both pressure switches have been replaced twice, the accumulator and expansion valve are new, and the pressure is normal. I wonder now if there is a problem with the control panel. When I press the snowflake button, the light goes off but the compressor continues to run. I always thought the snowflake button would shut down the compressor when using the heater in winter. Anybody know? Barry. Lakeland,Fl. [email protected]

·
Registered
2 Posts
The HVAC Module on the 06 is part of the Serial communications link and you can test it with the Tech2 or MIDI2 it can also be updated to the current software. I went through the same issue a few years ago. Bit the bullet and purchased the VX NANO off e-bay. It works but has spyware in the install so it took me a few days to remove and replace the offending software. I then purchased the GM License to use the ACDelco online software update ($40.00) and its good for 2 years. I was then able to test my truck using the Tech2Win using the VX NANO and then update all the truck modules including the HVAC on the ACDelco website. As a Bonus I updated the PCM and the other modules the truck appears to run better.

Anyway if you are not familiar with the software on the PC TEch2Win, MIDI2, ACDelco and how to update and repair programs find a friend in your area that has it or you can spend the money to buy the HVAC controls or drop on down to your local Pick-a-part (just be aware every module has to go through the learning process to be recognized by your truck). Google the Silverado HVAC relean process.

Its a pain and some trucks just will not learn. With the MIDI subscription it forces the relearn. But it sounds like you have a bad switch in the control.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts