GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been having some problems with my truck. Its an 06 5.3 work truck. A month or 2 ago my truck wouldent start after i came out of the store, I cycled the key a few times and tryed cranking it and after a few times it started fine. Hasent done it agagin, but fast foward to now and It did it again the other day. I started it again in the morning to goto work and I shut it off again to go get somthing I forgot inside, It wouldent start. fuel pump runs, just hearing the relay click. I took the starter out and I replaced it with a napa one. I tryed to start it again and it cranks over but no start. I put the od starter back in and it cranks and starts meaning the old one must have a bad spot it in. Anyways I swaped the new starter with another at napa and It does the same thing, crank no start. I put my friends EFI live on my truck and It doesnt show any RPM while im cranking it with this new starter. Is it just shitty napa starters? They crank fine and fast I dont get it. Help anyone. Im truckless.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Never mind guys, we found the problem. Crank position sensor had 2 wires of the 3 ripped right out of the harness. Getting new pins for it tomorrow. Dink friend must of hit it when he was taking the starter out.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts