GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Title says it all. I'm sure this topic has been beat to death, but I haven't much in the way of useful information so then again maybe it hasn't.

Here's my situation. 2008 2500HD 6.0 crew cab, love the truck, been with me a long time, lots of sentimental value, and I don't intend on giving it up. That said, it's been sitting for a while, and I'd really like to make a cool project out of it. Also, 2015+ high country/LTZ interiors are plentiful and affordable near me. So that's the dash, seats, floor console, etc etc etc.

Here's my question; How impossible is it to do what I'm looking to do here? Are there kits to adapt the wiring? Could it be as simple as swapping over all the modules and parts and suppling power? Fab and fitment I do for a living, so as far as actually getting everything in there nicely, no issue's. But wiring?.. that's where I literally know nothing.

Would be really nice to breathe some new life into the ol' girl, considering I've already spent a lot of time/money in my garage pulling the motor and completely rebuilding it from 0. Any help or useful thread links would be appreciated.

(I'll reiterate too, I totally understand that it is way easier to just sell it and buy the one I want, but like is said, sentimental value. Had this truck when I met my wife, drove us to our wedding, drove her to the hospital when she was giving birth, and ferried my daughter home when she was born. I'll keep this truck on the road and drive it until I'm dead.)

· Registered
1999 Silverado ECSB 6.0
1,241 Posts
Pretty fucking hard. Nearly impossible. It would take an extreme amount of time and money to get it right and at that point you will be dead lol

· Registered
2,552 Posts
Pretty fucking hard. Nearly impossible. It would take an extreme amount of time and money to get it right and at that point you will be dead lol
I don’t like your impossible mentality, found a similar thread on gmtrucks and u said it was impossible there too

anything is possible with enough time and money 🤣 it’s just welding and wiring dawg, not rocket science

· Registered
969 Posts
I would expect the biggest problem would be after you swap the entire interior (would really recommend a complete donor vehicle with as many of the same options) then getting everything to communicate with the engine side.

I totally get the sentimental value, but replacing your existing interior with nicer trim or just better condition pieces can also breathe in new life. Custom pieces designed for your year if done right make a big difference.

· Registered
419 Posts
This always seems to come up from time to time- swapping an interior from one generation to another. Short answer is it isn’t worth it since every single electronic module won’t communicate with the engine and transmission control modules even if you managed to swap in the body control module and all the associated wiring harnesses. The BCM needs to talk to the ECM/ TCM and they won’t no matter what you do. You’d have to swap in the entire powertrain, ECM/TCM and those harnesses and modules. You can’t just connect power and ground to each module and they magically work together. If only it were that simple.

· Registered
6 Posts
Is it impossible? No.

Will it take lots of time and money? Most likely

The seats are easy there's a company that makes adapters for the front seats. The back seat is the same bolt pattern so it will drop right in. center console not hard to adapt mounting points for that if you have a welder.
dash swap hard to say with out taking measurements. but if you move forward with this i have an 18 i can do my best to get measurements for you. The bcm issues you most likely will have to go standalone unless you can get a whole donor truck to swap everything out of. Door panels you may need to make adjustments to the front. The back door is longer on the 14+ trucks if you have a crew cab

1 - 13 of 13 Posts