GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im looking at getting 2 10s and a box for my 07 2500hd crew cab. i was looking at jl stealthbox behind the seat but is kinda expensive, about $800. so i was looking at getting a soundoffaudio box, same brand i had in my ext cab and was a good box, can get one behind the seat like the jl but doesnt hold the amp and runs about $110, i also looked at sub thump which has a box that holds the amp like the jl for about $150 if i remember correctly.

so my main question is does any of you have either of these 3 boxes? im leaning toward the subthump but ive never had that brand before, are they good quality and sound good? even for some that have just used subthump boxes was it a good box?

btw im looking at running 2 jl 10w1s and probably a 300/2 amp. i was hoping to be able to fit a 10w3v2 or 10w3v3 but the mounting depth is to much...the 2 w1s are 150watts each so thats 300 watts will the 300/2 be enough or would u go bigger?

thanks for the help!

·
Rollin' in the BIG HOG
1,316 Posts
Is your '07 an HD classic or the new body style? If it's a new body style,the rear seat in the crew cab is completely different than the classic style. There is no room behind the rear seats at all in the new body style. Just curious. If it's a classic, I think the subthump box would work just fine!

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
sorry its a classic, ya the nnbs have a different one, only make one to mount below the seat not behind it...

but ya the subthump is probably wat i would go with.

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
ProBox

1 - 4 of 4 Posts