GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there probably is not a whole lot still known about the 07 NNBS trucks just yet. But I am contemplating buying one. I have an 06 Silverado Z71 that my wife drives so we don't really need another 4x4. I just want something to run down the road in back and forth between work and something that will be pretty nice. I am looking at a Reg Cab LT 2WD, maybe with the Z71 2WD package, and 4.8 liter.

Anyone know what the largest tire you can fit on these trucks is? I know the wheel wells appear larger and the stance appears higher, but don't know that to be true. Also, what would be a good way to get a little bit more lift out of it. I'm assuming maybe some Daystar 2" coil spacers up front, but what about the back? Call me old school but I like a little bit of rake from front to back. Didn't know if there was an option for blocks or maybe even lift shackles in the rear, if they even make lift shackles. I wouldn't be looking for anything wild, just a simple-mild lift maybe an additional 2" all the way around, just to get a nicer stance and slightly larger tires. Wanna see what the options are before I get into it.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
The new '07 trucks all have coil-overs. The 4wd and 2wd suspensions should be the same. A larger coil-over or a coil-over spacer will give you 2-2.5" of lift in the front. The easiest options for the rear are probably blocks or add-a-leafs, with blocks being the cheaper route.

I'm not sure if any companies are making longer coil-overs, yet.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, I know its probably way early in the game for these. Just getting a feel for whats going to be.

Looking thru some past 2WD lift threads on here, I like the idea of the 3" spindle with coil spacer up front and then 4" blocks in the back. Again, not really wanting to go with a huge wheel/tire combo, but something that looks nice and more aggressive than stock.

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
You'd be surprised. Fabtech, Rancho, Superlift, and I think even Trailmaster already have kits available ranging form 6-8". I'm sure someone already has a coil-over spacer. I'm just not sure if anyone has adjustable/lengthened coils for these trucks yet. Donahoe Racing has kits for Toyotas and Fords I think... so hopefully they'll come up with something for GM, if they haven't already.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I have 2" leveling kit which mounts on top of the strut on my 07 it's made by skyjacker and purchased it off of ebay. You dont want a spacer larger than that, any larger and your suspension would not have any droop left in it and it would ride like crap.Out back you can put a larger block in.

·
Registered
21 Posts
i believe that a 35in tire is the largest tire you can clear without some heavy trimming. the wheelwell is tall but very narrow.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would probably never go with anything near 35" tires on this truck if I get one. Just wanting something larger than the stockers and mostly going for the look. I have my Z71 for any rear wheelin. Guess I just need to go out there and see whats available on the market for these trucks.

Do appreciate your help in this matter though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts