GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, instead of turning my introduction thread into my build thread, I thought I might as well start one of these now so I'm well informed and laid out when I get back. As I said in my introduction, I'm 1) still waiting for my truck and 2) still very much in Afghanistan, so this build won't get started for a few more months. So I'll lay out my plans and hopefully get some input along the way. Instead of boring everyone with the dealer pics, I will wait and post some REAL pictures of the truck once my wife takes delivery of it this week. So, here we go.

Exterior-
RC 5" lift
20x9's (undecided yet)
Bilstein 5100s
Clear headlights
Tint Windows
Demold / Debadge
Paint black plastics
Vinyl B-Pillars
Bed cover
Herculiner for the bed
Bedrug for the floor of the bed
Back-up Camera
Amp Research Power Bars (still debating)
Projector Retrofit (Leaning towards some Morimoto Mini H1s)
Paint matched tow mirrors

Interior-
Vinyl over the wood trim (debating either 3m di-noc carbon fiber or 3m ebony wood)
Aftermarket HU (undecided)
Upgrade speakers and amp

Performance-
AFE Magnum Force Intake
3.5" true dual exhaust
Borla XR-1 mufflers
Black Bear tune
AND someday thinking about a cam

So, here's the three wheels I'm debating between right now. I'm more than likely going to pair them up with a set of 35x12.5x20 Goodyear Wrangler MT/Rs.
1- 20x9 Rockstar II
10_zps3681beda.png

2- 20x9 Fuel Pump
8_zpsd7877502.png

3- 20x9 Eagle Alloys 050
5_zpsdeadad68.png

Any advice or input you guys can give me would be GREATLY appreciated. I've been doing a ton of research and I think I have a solid foundation to build off. I hope you guys enjoy this build as much as I'm going to.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
all of those wheels look horrible, I guess the lesser of the evils would be the Rockstar II's

tinted headlights look like shit

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha. Brutally honest. I can appreciate that. The only reason I went with tinted headlights was to throw some color on the front. It just seemed like too much silver on the front. You have any ideas to bring something different to the front?
As far as the wheels, I personally like them. Once I threw my plan together, I just wasn't feeling the black anymore.

·
Timbrage: Engage
5,659 Posts
cleared factory lights :imo

and shoot for 20x10 wheels, 20x9s go on stock trucks

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
first off thank you for your service, secondly I would definitely do at least a x10 wheel.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you. I love what I do. The ones from my last post were Moto Metal 20x10s. I wish I could afford a set of Welds but I don't have $3-4k for a set of wheels and tires!

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
check out Fuel they make a shit ton of nice wheels in x10, as do moto metal, bmf, and a host of other companies. x12s are another option as well

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
I have Gear Alloy's in a x10 and they make them in black also and they are very reasonably priced

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, so after further looking, I think I'm going to go with a set of the Moto Metal 20x10's. They have a -18 offset. With 35x12.5x20's, what am I looking at as far as lift goes? From the research on here, I think I'll need the 5" RCX with a 1.25" BL. Would this lift level the truck as well or would I need to do something else to level it?

·
In Valor There Is Hope
8,277 Posts
It won't be level you'd need probably at least 1" of leveling added

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok, I'll plan to put the lift on then determine how much leveling it still needs. Thanks. On another note, I got the scheduled delivery date for next Wednesday!

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
I have the same setup, 5" rcx and 1.25" BL. I rub with my 305/55-20 duratracs on 20x10monsters -12 offset. So 35s would be a no go. If you gEt bilsteins on top setting with body lift you should be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Is there a large difference between the two kits? Pricing looks to be about $400 higher than the RCX kit. Although, it does net you 7"...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts