GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me the if the front cv axles should have any play? I know the flange movement is normal as they say, but I'm meaning the actual cv axle itself moving. By pushing up from the bottom of the truck plus also grabbing the shaft and rotating it with the truck in park and wheels on the ground.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Would it be safe to say that if I can move my cv shafts in any direction other than in and out as it would travel with the suspension that they are most likely out of spec?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm glad that's everyone's answer for a serious question... clearly I have a reason for asking that question... but since I cant get a straight answer from anyone I'll figure it out the best way I can by myself. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I bought a new set of CVS but they have more play than the original ones did that's why I was asking, some people say "some play" but "some play" doesnt go very far in precision... fords and dodges are all tight but I cant seem to get a definite answer from anyone if gm is supposed to be the same way...

·
Super Moderator
5,261 Posts
It’s because they aren’t the cause of your vibrations. Unless they are at too much of an angle. But still not the cvs fault

Bad cvs pop and make noise

Joining another forum was not going to net you different answers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Still doesn't answer the question at hand. Instead of being dicks you could just answer the question that was asked, unless you're just like me and dont really know the answer in which you could just say so. But no let's just be assholes and assume we know what is and isnt going on, just because it hasnt happened to you doesnt mean it couldn't happen to someone else, bad CVS pop when they are extremely bad under power and turning, that part I do understand, but the fact I started feeling it worse in the steering when I put in the new sloppier cvs, buy yet I still cant recieve the answer I was looking for, so to hell with it and thanks for nothing.

·
Super Moderator
5,261 Posts
For as much time as you spent making threads and fiddle fucking on the forum over the last months. You could have gotten a warranty replacement cv from rock auto. Or went to your local auto shop and felt one. Instead of obsessing over this bullshit movement measurement.

I installed rock auto cvs on my 08 after my oem ones had bad boots. They felt the same as my oem ones. Didn’t vibrate before and didn’t vibrate after. Did I measure the run out play? No.

They aren’t meant to be solid they move.

You’re fixated on this being the issue. No matter how many people tell you it’s not.

You never posted a cv angle pic, never fixed yours differential bushing, did you troubleshoot to see if your front diff is engaged? That can cause vibrations as speed with certain leveling kits, there are so many variables but you’re fixated on cv up and down movement

You. Have. Another. Issue. With. Your. Truck.

Or join another forum and ask more people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts