GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i posted this in the photos section but for those of you who don't get out of here...
Finished this truck up on sunday, took about 4 hours this time. I'll get some better pics. Specs are BDS leveling kit, BDS 3"body lift, 20x10 Mazzi Hulks, and 33x12.50x20 toyo open country MTs. The BDS levling kit didn't quite level the truck. It was a different set-up than my skyjacker kit. It required us to take the struts apart to put them in. I wouldn't recommend this kit to anyone.
liftedtruck001.jpg

liftedtruck002.jpg

liftedtruck003.jpg

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
looks good, could fit 35s easily

·
Architecture owns me
2,351 Posts
I like it and I actually like the chevy front ... if only they ran the tahoe and suburban clips on the trucks

·
Hard Work, Clean Living
317 Posts
Looks good!! Does his truck still tell him the tire pressures with the after market wheels? I just put my leveling kit on my truck and there was nothing on my wheels to install on new wheels, so I don't know how it would still read the tire pressures. I'm the one that asked this same ? about your truck and the big tires.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looks good!! Does his truck still tell him the tire pressures with the after market wheels? I just put my leveling kit on my truck and there was nothing on my wheels to install on new wheels, so I don't know how it would still read the tire pressures. I'm the one that asked this same ? about your truck and the big tires.
Yes it still tells him. He had his sensors put in his aftermarket wheels. The sensors are attached to the backside of your valve stem. Most tire shops can do this for you. You have to get special valve stems though, had to get mine from the dealer. They were like $8 a piece.

·
Hard Work, Clean Living
317 Posts
Oh no wondering I couldn't see them. I was looking for something on the back side of the rim. I'm about to change out my stock tires for some discoverer STT tires. I should still be all good since I'm putting them on the stockers, right? Thanks for the help, Justin!:shake:

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh no wondering I couldn't see them. I was looking for something on the back side of the rim. I'm about to change out my stock tires for some discoverer STT tires. I should still be all good since I'm putting them on the stockers, right? Thanks for the help, Justin!:shake:
Yep you should be good to go. Just tell them not to replace your valve stems. Tell them to reset them also. No problem man.:shake:

·
Registered
8,303 Posts
Damn, that looks killer. It looks way better than all of those cookie-cutter GM dealer-lifted trucks.

·
Formerly whitetrash
1,630 Posts
looks good, could fit 35s easily
Sucks, but it wouldn't happen on those wheels. My dad ended up getting a 2" lift in his 07 sierra and he has 275/60R20 Cooper STs (33x11R20) on some 20x9 ultra wheels with a 6" backspacing, and he rubs. Hard to believe, i know, but he rubs those tiny tires on a lifted truck :nono:

·
EMBRACE WHAT'S LEFT
3,487 Posts
Sucks, but it wouldn't happen on those wheels. My dad ended up getting a 2" lift in his 07 sierra and he has 275/60R20 Cooper STs (33x11R20) on some 20x9 ultra wheels with a 6" backspacing, and he rubs. Hard to believe, i know, but he rubs those tiny tires on a lifted truck :nono:
the fenders are tall but not wide enough

I wouldnt tear up a new truck but if obs trucks were like that people would trim it and run 35s stock:rofl2:

·
Fortune Favors The Brave
6,321 Posts
That sucks, GM and there small little wheelwells. Just gotta lift your truck more I guess till the tire doesn't even reach the bottom of the fender, lol

1 - 20 of 30 Posts