GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my mom decided to take her vette out while our road was in the middle of being repaved, and not only that, but she left right after a truck drove by spraying some sticky black tar like stuff. :nono:
Don't have any before pics but it looked like someone took a spraygun to the sides and rear of the car.
Anyway, cleaning up the mess turned into a full out detail.
Started out spending about three hours scrubbing the car down with Goo Gone because it was the most effective at getting the stuff off. Clayed to get off any remaining residue, and of course after all that some polishing was needed so I went over the car with my PC and some Menzerna P0106FF w/ Green pad. Followed that up with Menzerna Finishing Touch Glaze then a couple coats of Menzerna FMJ. I had planned to apply some Migliore original on top of that but ran out of time and energy and had to spend some time getting my own car ready for a couple shows.
Pics aren't the best but I think it came out really well.
070.jpg

069.jpg

071.jpg

072.jpg

073.jpg

074.jpg

080.jpg

079.jpg

078.jpg

077.jpg

076.jpg

·
U Mirin' Brah?
4,947 Posts

·
South Carolina Gamecock
388 Posts
LS3 = :head2:

Auto = :lazer:

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You did one hell of a job. Looks great!
thank ya sir
It's his mom's, a mom driving an auto vette is way more badass than a mom driving say a standard protege.

PS. Since your mom drives a vette I am assuming she is some form of cougar...pls provide pix thks!
well you know what happens when one assumes...

She was actually wanting a saturn sky so we all went and looked at one and my dad suggested we go down the road to the chevy dealership and check out some vettes...mistake on his part haha.
Of course she never misses an opportunity to brag that her car is faster than mine. And now that my dad's car is running I can't even say mine is loudest...dammit...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts