GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone heard or know the specs on this motor or if its even still the duramax? ive heard rumors its twin turboed like the ford but im not sure.:bowtie:

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts
LMM Duramax.

-bZj

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i figured that out today..anyone know if its twin turboed or what? i couldnt find anything on diesel place

·
JetBlue
2,306 Posts

·
GMFS Uber-Member
688 Posts
I don't know for sure and I can't say for sure, but I would doubt that GM would switch to a twin turbo just to get even with Ford. GM's VGT (Variable Geometry Turbo) works better than a twin turbo setup, even one with two different sized turbos. Ford only switched to twin turbo 'cus (I think it's) International Harvester pulled the Navistar contract for the Powerstrokes, or the contract ran out. Anyway, the GM/Isuzu Duramax has all the joint work on the computer controlled turbo and Ford would have had to start from scratch, easy way out: two turbos. GM > Ford IMO

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeah i read on diesel place that it is not a twin turbo..but someone on another site was saying it was. im also very glad chevy/gmc is sticking with the dmax 8 years in a row!

·
Say no to color matching.
671 Posts
I don't know for sure and I can't say for sure, but I would doubt that GM would switch to a twin turbo just to get even with Ford. GM's VGT (Variable Geometry Turbo) works better than a twin turbo setup, even one with two different sized turbos. Ford only switched to twin turbo 'cus (I think it's) International Harvester pulled the Navistar contract for the Powerstrokes, or the contract ran out. Anyway, the GM/Isuzu Duramax has all the joint work on the computer controlled turbo and Ford would have had to start from scratch, easy way out: two turbos. GM > Ford IMO
The reason Ford went to a twin turbo setup was to meet the new emissions standards. The 6.4 is still a Navistar/ IH built motor. As you can tell, its workin out real well for them :down: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah just like the 6.0 did:read: :rofl2:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts