GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not to sound like a forum slacker, but I can't seem to find diddly-dick on clearing gmc headlights on new models. Actually, take that back. I did find one post that gave some step by step instructions but I'll be damned if I can find it now. I cleared my browser history and now I can't remember what thread it was under. Also, has anyone ever tried to put a wet towel and clothes iron on the headlight "seal" to loosen up the factory adhesive and peel the lense off? I know people have tried baking them, but I wonder how some direct heat would do. I don't have the most steady hand for dremel cutting the lense off. It would really chap my ass to twitch and bugger up the clear part of the lense with the cutting wheel:flame:. Thanks everyone for any help you can give me. I would also love to see a close up pic of someones cleared/glued lenses. Just can't believe how awesome they look from afar, I just want to make sure they are that awesome up close.

·
Resident Metal Head
5,528 Posts
Here is a good how to by our god JB:
http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/showthread.php?t=112077
That was probably the one you've read before.

Its for a chevy, but pretty much the same as GMC.
This basically is the general way 95% of people do it for either Chevy/GMC

If you go this route. Just take your time. Just like everything else.
That's how I did mine.

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the offer but if I did that i would be taking the easy way out. I need to take my skirt off and do it. No guts no glory, right. Thank you guys so much for the links and the pics. All your rides look great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts