GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to the Texas heat wave show today in Austin. I stopped by a vendor to pick up some hid's for my low beams and fogs. The guy told me that the 08's needed an application specific kit because the computer wouldn't let the lights turn on. Does anybody know if this is true and what are the bulb numbers for the fog lights?

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
I went to the Texas heat wave show today in Austin. I stopped by a vendor to pick up some hid's for my low beams and fogs. The guy told me that the 08's needed an application specific kit because the computer wouldn't let the lights turn on. Does anybody know if this is true and what are the bulb numbers for the fog lights?
Full of shit. H11 for lows, pull the DRL fuses you're good to go. I would have laughed in that guys face. Computer wont let the lights turn on?

And the fogs are 5202.

·
big nick
1,109 Posts
yeah, kinda stupid if he's selling the stuff and telling people this

·
Proud APBT Owner
415 Posts
Full of shit. H11 for lows, pull the DRL fuses you're good to go. I would have laughed in that guys face. Computer wont let the lights turn on?

And the fogs are 5202.
What are the DRL fuses? Im wondering because I just installed a hid kit on my truck.

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
What are the DRL fuses? Im wondering because I just installed a hid kit on my truck.
Daytime Running Lights. It makes it so the HID's do not come on during the day, shortening their life span.

Pull the fuses marked "daytime running lights" under the hood in the fuse box. They're labeled but I believe it's 31 and 33.

Takes 2 minutes, go pull them.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah i figured he was full of shit so i didnt buy them. He wanted $200 for each "vehicle specific" kit. When he told me that i did laugh at him. Now im just having a hard time picking between 6000K and 8000K bulbs.:hmm:

·
I don't have a truck
10,439 Posts
Yeah i figured he was full of shit so i didnt buy them. He wanted $200 for each "vehicle specific" kit. When he told me that i did laugh at him. Now im just having a hard time picking between 6000K and 8000K bulbs.:hmm:
Good I'm glad to hear you did not buy that overpriced shit.

I have 6K's and I love them. 8K is too blue :imo Also keep in mind when you go up in number, the dimmer the lights get.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts