GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,282 Posts
How about some close pics of the body gaps near the doors and window pillars. As well as a full side pic to see how different the front And rear fender arches are

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Wookie on the Beat
1,770 Posts
This is one of those things just because you can, doesnt mean you should. Probably better off just buying an actually k2xx

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
This is one of those things just because you can, doesnt mean you should. Probably better off just buying an actually k2xx
Esp for what he has now in it. End of day still an 08, end of story. Most people wouldn’t want this anyway.

·
n. fil-dert.
7,085 Posts
Don't listen to these haters. I think you should graft 2018 doors, roof, and bed on it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Esp for what he has now in it. End of day still an 08, end of story. Most people wouldn’t want this anyway.
I disagree with both off you, last I checked this was exterior mods forum and you are missing the point, you’re trying to make sense, why somebody invested time do do mod that makes them happy
Maybe I did it just because to see if it can be done or did not want to spend 65 $k on new ltz hd just because my ltz with 100 k miles looks different mods are mods embrace mods don’t hate
In semi truck world this is beeing done for last decade, now you can even order new cab and chassis from factory, and put your old engine and suspension in
It is called glider kit
Many major transportation companies are ordering these left and right

I see soo many posts 08 to 13 swap or similar, this is ten times harder, looks 100 times better, makes me happy sitting in a proven Diesel engine with no def fluid or hp fuel pump issues that cost$$$$ to repair, not to mention saving 40-50 k$ on a machine that just tows my toys

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
I like it

·
professional grade
4,215 Posts
At first I was trying to understand thread because it just looked like a new truck. I actually had to read through it all then examine the photos.lol. I think it’s a job well done.

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
I disagree with both off you, last I checked this was exterior mods forum and you are missing the point, you’re trying to make sense, why somebody invested time do do mod that makes them happy
Maybe I did it just because to see if it can be done or did not want to spend 65 $k on new ltz hd just because my ltz with 100 k miles looks different mods are mods embrace mods don’t hate
In semi truck world this is beeing done for last decade, now you can even order new cab and chassis from factory, and put your old engine and suspension in
It is called glider kit
Many major transportation companies are ordering these left and right

View attachment 812341
I see soo many posts 08 to 13 swap or similar, this is ten times harder, looks 100 times better, makes me happy sitting in a proven Diesel engine with no def fluid or hp fuel pump issues that cost$$$$ to repair, not to mention saving 40-50 k$ on a machine that just tows my toys
Again just because you can and have the skills doesn’t mean you should, does it look ok I suppose, might as well finish the job and get a bed.

·
Registered
933 Posts
It is called glider kit
Glider kits have been around pretty much forever. I put one together back in 1981.

·
n. fil-dert.
7,085 Posts
I like this swap but I don't see the correlation to a glider. If you could buy a '19 and put your own drive train in it that would be similar. But changing body parts versus putting a pre-emissions motor in a modern chassis aren't even in the same ballpark.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts