GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's up guy was wondering what I could do to make it so my rims don't rub I have a 2009 chevy silverado 1500 2wd I bought some 26' rims used I put them on my truck and turn the wheel 3/4 of a turn either way and they rub was wondering if there is anything I can do to make them fit the tires are 305/30/26 the rims are 26x10 the offset it +15 I don't want to lift the truck I might be able to cut some on the wheel well or maybe just a spacer I don't know any help would be great also it is stock height thanks Roger

·
hella cute n shit
7,652 Posts
You're gonna need a huge amount of lift for 26 foot wheels.

·
Registered
4,161 Posts
If it's rubbing where mine rub (back of the fender liner, about 6" in) then you're probably not gonna be able to trim it. You could heat up the liner and try forcing the plastic in a bit, but really, as long as it's not hurting your tires, a little rubbing isn't that big of a deal. Annoying, sure, but since you already have the wheels and tires, there's not a whole lot to do.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks guys do you think I could get a spacer or that wouldn't help and yes it's rubbing about 6 inches in on the inside fender well I wanted to see if I could trim or take the inside fender well out not sure when it hit the truck wasn't ever driving this was at a stop so with Michigan roads there is alot of travel in the suspension so I haven't even drove with the rims on yet I think Ivan going to put it the hoist and see if I can trim a Lil

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well i looked at the truck tonight and i am going to go with a leveling kit 2in lift in the front then i should be able to turn with 26s i hope any of you guys ever use these

·
never finished
2,239 Posts
Well i looked at the truck tonight and i am going to go with a leveling kit 2in lift in the front then i should be able to turn with 26s i hope any of you guys ever use these
Tons of people use leveling kits, not to fit 26s, but we use 'em. Check out the lifted/off road suspension section lol. Gonna look stupid :imo: but go for it if its what you want.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well how else can i fit 26in rims and turn my truck at stock height it rubs bad i think even if i cut the fender its still going to rub

·
never finished
2,239 Posts
Well how else can i fit 26in rims and turn my truck at stock height it rubs bad i think even if i cut the fender its still going to rub
Those are really your only two options. Lift or cut. Take a picture of where and how its rubbing, we might could tell ya if its even worth to cut.

·
never finished
2,239 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Those are really your only two options. Lift or cut. Take a picture of where and how its rubbing, we might could tell ya if its even worth to cut.
2011 GMC Sierra with 26 inch rims and 6.5 inch lift and 37x13.5x26 tires

Any recommendations on whether this will work or not ?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts