GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got done wiring my valves and went to check to see if everything worked correctly. I popped up the back and the wheels came off the ground. The bed is not on it yet but its a step side bed and is pretty light. My question is, Once I get the bed on is it still going to do this?? I only popped up the back Im sure it would help if I aired up all 4 bags at the same time? TIA

·
Nom Nom Nom
8,736 Posts
wouldnt lowering the psi in the air tank solve this problem?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I only have 4 ports feeding the bags. So I have T's on it with the dumps also. I just kind of freaked when I saw it pop off the ground like that!! I want it raise quick, But I dont want it to jump off the ground!

Big Oakes what size fills are you runnin?

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
just get some ball valves and some plugs for your dumps.:imo

·
Registered
333 Posts
How much psi are you running? And yeah u could T your lines. I got 1/2's with reducers on the dumps but my fill is just right. Im at 200/160 psi switch.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
How much psi are you running? And yeah u could T your lines. I got 1/2's with reducers on the dumps but my fill is just right. Im at 200/160 psi switch.
What do you mean T the lines? Do you have a pic?

The way I have it now, The Fills are mounted to the tank then a T and A dump on one end and air line on the other end.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What do you mean T the lines? Do you have a pic?

The way I have it now, The Fills are mounted to the tank then a T and A dump on one end and air line on the other end.

I see now what you guys mean about the T's. The way I have it setup now I would have to redo it all.
I may Just go ahead and put the tank and bed back on it and see what happens.

I guess I could make a trip to home depot and get some bags of concrete!:crazy:

·
Officially Tucking Tire
8,919 Posts
whats your tank and comp setup?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
2 viair 380's and a single 5 gallon tank!

Another question. When I hit the switch to pop up the front the air just blows out the dump!! I know It is probably wired wrong but If the fill is closed then air shouldnt be able to get through right?!

I know I am about to drive you guys nuts!! I thinks I've been nuts for a couple hours now!:crazy:

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
just get some ball valves then and put some ptc fittings on them and put them in between the fill and the bag'
1/2 and 1/2 is way to fast imo for the back.
i think
3/8 3/8 for the back and 1/2 fill with 3/8dump for the front. ran all around with 3/8 line is a good speed.
but im over the playing so i dont want to go fast at all.
but still like my shit loud thats why i hate dump controls

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
if you have 8 valves.
and you have each corner being filled by their own half inch port on the tank. T the lines together and feed both rear wheel valve assy off one port ont he tank. this will slow it down a little. then if you want more you can ball valves
or change out your line that goes to the bags to 3/8
That will help a small amount with filling both bags but as soon as you have to make a singlr bag adjustment you will be in the same boat. very violent. You want each valve to have its own line off the tank.

wouldnt lowering the psi in the air tank solve this problem?
It would help but it is not the best solution. When you take away the psi you lose air volume which sucks, especially since he only has 5 gallons. It would be best to restrict the fill valves with adjustable ball valves.

BTW, I have 3/8" valves and it will jump the rear tires off the ground with unrestricted fills. I always tell people that 3/8" valves are too big and need to be restricted fills and dumps.. 1/2" is way too big.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Switch out the pressure switch to a 145-175. Why would you go through all the trouble mentioned above when all you need to do is run less pressure? I typically keep 160-170 PSI in my tank and the wheels never come off the ground in the back.

Also, what kind of switch box are you running? If it's one of those awful hydro switch boxes you'll have almost zero control over your system. Get a good one and you can adjust the truck to your liking with little to no drama.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Switch out the pressure switch to a 145-175. Why would you go through all the trouble mentioned above when all you need to do is run less pressure? I typically keep 160-170 PSI in my tank and the wheels never come off the ground in the back.
Because then he will have less air in the tank. He only has a 5 gallon tank so he needs all he can get. Run 200 psi and restrict the fills to your liking, IMO.

·
The early stache
2,503 Posts
Also, what kind of switch box are you running? If it's one of those awful hydro switch boxes you'll have almost zero control over your system. Get a good one and you can adjust the truck to your liking with little to no drama.
Good advise but bad theory. A good avs-9 switch box is way better than an old 10 switch box. But the system should be set up right to begin with. over sized valves are a pain in the ass to adjust even with a nice switch box. Why tap the switch 20 times to get to the desired height when you could get to the same height just as fast by holding the switch down until it gets there. I hate fast valves and think people wanting them are silly and immature.

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Because then he will have less air in the tank. He only has a 5 gallon tank so he needs all he can get. Run 200 psi and restrict the fills to your liking, IMO.

175 psi would be more than enough to get the truck to ride heigth or more with a 5 gallon tank. :imo

·
I don't own a lowrider
4,694 Posts
Good advise but bad theory. A good avs-9 switch box is way better than an old 10 switch box. But the system should be set up right to begin with. over sized valves are a pain in the ass to adjust even with a nice switch box. Why tap the switch 20 times to get to the desired height when you could get to the same height just as fast by holding the switch down until it gets there. I hate fast valves and think people wanting them are silly and immature.

My AVS box lets me get the truck where I want it without flicking the switch 20 times. Usually I can get it there the first time or extremely close. I have all 1/2" valves on my truck but plan to replace them with 1/2" fills and 3/8" dumps because that was the perfect setup on my old truck.

That's fine that you don't like fast systems, but it's nice to have a fast system if you need to lift your truck to clear crap laying in the road that you can't avoid.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts