GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yeah...would it be possible to stick a 3/4 ton IFS under a 1/2 ton truck? Would it just bolt in or fabrication be involved?

Thanks!

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Anything is possible with time and money...how much do you think it would cost to do that swap? and do yall actually think its worth the money?? i just don't know if it would be worth the time and money to have something thats a lil stronger...

·
Registered
832 Posts
On an NBS its just not worth it. By the time you have paid for eveything and done all the fabbing you could have done an SFA and have more strength and flex.

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
If your going to swap, put a dana 60 up there. It's worth the extra amount of money. Not to mention, its stronger, you can flex...and its less work besides.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If you're going to do that it would probably be easier to find a wrecked 3/4 ton and steal the whole frame. If you're going to wheel with it, then a sas would be better. Then again if its a daily, I'd take the IFS...all of the solid axle trucks i've ridden in ride like shit, they make your butt hurt.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
If your not going to wheel it then go for the 3/4 ton IFS, leave the dwindling amount of 60's that are left to people who need them.

The 8 lug IFS will fit, just have to modify the mounting and you have to use everything from the 3/4-1 ton, spindles, cv's, etc.

·
heavy on the skinny pedal
1,732 Posts
if you plan on going bigger than forties and wheel it i would sfa axle but with 40 or less you should be ok with ifs aslong as its 3/4ton.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well if it was a bolt on deal, I'd consider it. Thanks!

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
yeah, i was thinkin SFA might be a better choice for all the money/work involved to just get more strength. BTW, i love the way my truck rides...not some soft squishy car-like ride...it rides like a damn truck...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts