GMC Truck Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeah...would it be possible to stick a 3/4 ton IFS under a 1/2 ton truck? Would it just bolt in or fabrication be involved?

Thanks!

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
Anything is possible with time and money...how much do you think it would cost to do that swap? and do yall actually think its worth the money?? i just don't know if it would be worth the time and money to have something thats a lil stronger...

·
Total Eclipse Smokefiend
174 Posts
If your going to swap, put a dana 60 up there. It's worth the extra amount of money. Not to mention, its stronger, you can flex...and its less work besides.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
If you're going to do that it would probably be easier to find a wrecked 3/4 ton and steal the whole frame. If you're going to wheel with it, then a sas would be better. Then again if its a daily, I'd take the IFS...all of the solid axle trucks i've ridden in ride like shit, they make your butt hurt.

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
If your not going to wheel it then go for the 3/4 ton IFS, leave the dwindling amount of 60's that are left to people who need them.

The 8 lug IFS will fit, just have to modify the mounting and you have to use everything from the 3/4-1 ton, spindles, cv's, etc.

·
HOT AIR BALLOON OWNER
14,932 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well if it was a bolt on deal, I'd consider it. Thanks!

·
GMFS slowest truck :read:
5,501 Posts
yeah, i was thinkin SFA might be a better choice for all the money/work involved to just get more strength. BTW, i love the way my truck rides...not some soft squishy car-like ride...it rides like a damn truck...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.