GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was curious as to if any of you have ever used this lift 1.25 Rough Country body lift? Im just looking for just a little bit more room and this says it can fit 33x12.50 with it. Any advice? I've heard a lot about them, mostly bad, but since its such a minor adjustment, I wanted a little more input.

This is the website: http://www.roughcountry.com/chevy-body-lift-kit_rc700.html

·
Registered
777 Posts
Jack not sure what you have heard bad about it. I installed this bl a couple of weeks ago by myself in just a few hrs. Easy install everything lines up with no issue. I am running the rc level kit as well w/32x12.50x20 no rubbing. sorry no pics

·
Registered
4 Posts
I too have just installed this lift and had no problems with it as far as install goes, problems you may have heard about rough country is their 3" suspension lift, that is the one product I would stay away from. I installed the 1.25 Bl on an 08 ECLB, me and my wife did it in about 5 hours, hardest part was the bumpers, just takes time.
Nick

·
Representin' Le Mit!
3,584 Posts
Jack if you decide that you want to do the Rough Country 1.25" body lift, I will sell you mine (brand new in the box not putting on because I have the 5" suspension lift now) for $100 plus shipping. Let me know and if you want I can take a picture of it to send you!

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Jack if you decide that you want to do the Rough Country 1.25" body lift, I will sell you mine (brand new in the box not putting on because I have the 5" suspension lift now) for $100 plus shipping. Let me know and if you want I can take a picture of it to send you!
If he doesn't let me know..I'll take it.

·
Registered
777 Posts
For your Reference -

·
Registered
656 Posts
I too have just installed this lift and had no problems with it as far as install goes, problems you may have heard about rough country is their 3" suspension lift, that is the one product I would stay away from. I installed the 1.25 Bl on an 08 ECLB, me and my wife did it in about 5 hours, hardest part was the bumpers, just takes time.
Nick
What about the RC 3.5" or is that what you are referencing? Not to hijack sorry

·
Registered
549 Posts
Hijack again-- I guess some people have problems the 3.5" RCA kit but I had it on my truck for 18k miles without a single problem

·
Registered
656 Posts
^^^ ^^ Thanks a lot guys sorry again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I appreciate the offer cknaffle, but I am still on the fringe about what to do so you can sell it to Wyatt_Vmax. Thanks though!

·
Registered
9 Posts
i have a zone 1.5 body lift, real simple to do
Do you get the Bumper Brackets with that Kit (Zone 1.5 BL) or is that purchased seperately?
I have the RC 2" level w/ 305/55/20 Bfg A/T & Stock wheels now ,but doing a slight BL soon,just haven't made my mind up which way to go,Zone or RC.
Cheers

·
Registered
777 Posts
witht the zone you have to purchase rear bumper mounts - the RC is smaller so you are able to drill new holes and lift the front and rear. Download the instlall guides from their web sites and you can see what you need.

·
kissin hands shakin babie
6,529 Posts
Do you get the Bumper Brackets with that Kit (Zone 1.5 BL) or is that purchased seperately?
I have the RC 2" level w/ 305/55/20 Bfg A/T & Stock wheels now ,but doing a slight BL soon,just haven't made my mind up which way to go,Zone or RC.
Cheers
the other guy is right, the zone comes with the front bumper lift, but not the back, i purchased both, im actually still in the middle of my body lift, cuz i only have a hour or so to work on it a day. hopefully i will finish it tonight,

·
KISS
47 Posts
the other guy is right, the zone comes with the front bumper lift, but not the back, i purchased both, im actually still in the middle of my body lift, cuz i only have a hour or so to work on it a day. hopefully i will finish it tonight,
All that work for just 1.5"? The PA 3" comes with bumper brackets and takes the same time.

Either way, you should also get either the PA gap guards or the rear wheel well liners to cover up the gap no matter what size body lift you do.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts