GMC Truck Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any out there? I am having a hard time finding them and the search function doesn't like the "1/3" term I'm putting in. I was hoping I would retain a little more comfort with this drop over the 2/4.

Andrew

·
samcarol
3,596 Posts
the only time i've seen a 1/3 drop used was on a truck on 24s.

my paint guy painted that truck and i think he lowered it too. Its lowered using belltech components.

·
Burning Rubber
994 Posts
I think Western Chasis sells 1" drop coils...... buy why would you want to drop 1"?????

It really isn't even worth the trouble and $$$.

go with a 2/4..... If you have a new body style, you can get 2" LCA's for the front and retain the stock ride quality.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, best options for the drop then?

Does hotchkins do spindles? I thought they just used springs.

With spindles do I need bigger tires, I have a 18" summer wheel and then stocker 16" for the winter. Is McGaughty the only spindle that will work for both?

LCA - can I get away with an LCA drop and not have to go notching/fabbing anything like i might with the spindle? Who's a good manf on this front?

Thanks guys,
Andrew

·
Orale Homes....
1,796 Posts
agreif said:
ok, best options for the drop then?

Does hotchkins do spindles? I thought they just used springs.

With spindles do I need bigger tires, I have a 18" summer wheel and then stocker 16" for the winter. Is McGaughty the only spindle that will work for both?

LCA - can I get away with an LCA drop and not have to go notching/fabbing anything like i might with the spindle? Who's a good manf on this front?

Thanks guys,
Andrew
Hotchkis does not make spindles. Their kits are mostly made for handling purposes, so they use drop springs (coil and leaf)

Mcgaughy's sells spindles for NBS trucks and you have a choice of either getting the regular truck spindle which you can use your stock rims or the Tahoe spindle where you use 17" wheels or bigger. The Tahoe spindle is a bit easier to install, but both work fine from what I hear.

DJM or Western chassis make drops with LCA's. Both are good companies to buy from.

If you go with springs up front, you can also go with Belltech. They also make NBS spindles, but they are a PITA to install and increase turning radius, so they are not recommended.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
There is fabbing with the McGaughty spindle with the stock setup right?

Spindles reduce the turning radius, what about LCAs?

Hangers and shackles for the back?

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
You get some kinda spacer with the McGaughy's spindle to make it work with a 16" wheel. If you don't plan on lowering it anymore than 2" ever I'd just get some LCA's because they're easier to install.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah, suspension isn't my forte, just trying to understand what would be best for my app right now.

Thanks,
Andrew

1 - 14 of 14 Posts